Searching For Demaio/ Caffe` Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Searching For Demaio/ Caffe` Family

Postby nisha » 20 Sep 2005, 11:35

Hi

Im in Australia and I am researching my grandmothers family. Her name was Graziella Demaio. Her fathers name was Augistino Demaio, and her mothers name was Maria Stella Caffe`. Graziella was born on 6th June 1919 in Palagianello, Italy. She married her 2nd husband Jan Obal on the 9th January 1949, before immigrating to Australia with their children.

Id be grateful if anyone can help me in locating anything about her parents, or her. Unfortunately I don't speak much Italian, so it makes things a bit difficult when trying to find out things about them.

Tanya
nisha

Re: Searching For Demaio/ Caffe` Family

Postby ricbru » 20 Sep 2005, 23:00

you already posted this query,
if you want those info write to:

Comune di Palagianello
Via M. D'Azeglio, 1
74018 Palagianello (TA)
bye ricbru
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching For Demaio/ Caffe` Family

Postby brujaojos » 21 Sep 2005, 02:20

nisha wrote:Hi

Im in Australia and I am researching my grandmothers family. Her name was Graziella Demaio. Her fathers name was Augistino Demaio, and her mothers name was Maria Stella Caffe`. Graziella was born on 6th June 1919 in Palagianello, Italy. She married her 2nd husband Jan Obal on the 9th January 1949, before immigrating to Australia with their children.

Id be grateful if anyone can help me in locating anything about her parents, or her. Unfortunately I don't speak much Italian, so it makes things a bit difficult when trying to find out things about them.

Tanya

Dear Tanya,

I don't know if you get to a Family History Center, but they do have microfilm that you can order for the town of Palagianello. However, it's very limited. It only goes from 1809-1861., so you have to try to as much research ahead of time before you can use the microfilm. However, here is the link for the film numbers.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Here is the link to find the nearest Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

LIke I said, since the film is limited you are going to have to write to the town. Ricbru gave you the address to write. Here is a link that will help you translate your letter to Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

When you send the letter, make sure you put 2 International Reply Coupons in with your letter.

I hope this explains things to you a little bit better.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy