State dell Anime for Racalmuto, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

State dell Anime for Racalmuto, Sicily

Postby rp76226 » 27 Nov 2015, 17:26

I was sent a State dell Anime for Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily for at least year 1822, but I think for other years as well. State dell Anime is a list by family for the church for the town grouped together by husband, wife, children and their ages. I think that there are other documents too. I've put them all (196 of them) in the following link:

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-KRKcbM/

Navigational tips - click on any photo to see it in large size. Next, you can use the left and right arrows to see the other photos in large size, or click on the "X" in the upper right hand corner to go back to "thumbnail" size. If you wish to download a photo, click on the tiny down arrow pointing to a tiny horizontal line near the bottom right of the photo. There's also a Download All option near the top of the first page you see when you open the link.

It appears to be indexed by first names instead of last names, at least in the first few ones. Maiden names for wives are not utilized. There are a lot of abbreviations that are difficult for me to interpret.
There are some photos with the same number so I'm guessing that those records relate to each other.
The later photos seems to be numbered, but in numerical order, so I do not think those numbers refer to any documents.
If you have any insights to help me understand any of this better, including the meanings of abbreviations, please let me know.

rp76226
Master
Master

Re: State dell Anime for Racalmuto, Sicily

Postby rp76226 » 30 Nov 2015, 02:18

Also, I have never seen these type of records on the mormon site FamilySearch.org nor any other website. Is there a way to find these type of records anywhere else?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”