re:salvatore landino passenger record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:salvatore landino passenger record

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 06 Dec 2015, 17:17

looking for a passenger record for salvatore landino and wife concetta novara.not to be confused with his grandson,also named salvatore,who arrived in 1893. this salvatore arrived ca.1865-1875,most likely in 1870-1872. he died in new york in 1884.i checked all records at ancestry using variations on the name landino.i found one record in philadelphia for a salvatore landino,born in 1823. he arrived in 1870. but my salvatore was born ca.1820 in palermo.still could be him as ages were commonly mistaken.its only an index card. what would connect him would be if i could find the arrival of his wife concetta novara,who i'm pretty sure came with him. they married in palermo in 1865 and i'm almost 100% certain they arrived together. but no mention of her and salvatore arriving together. any suggestions as to how to poroceed from here would be most appreciated.

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Re: re:salvatore landino passenger record

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 06 Dec 2015, 19:31

note: i found a naturalization record for a salvatore/salvator landino in new york dated 1882. it says he arrived in 1869. most likely this is my subject. if so he arrived 3 years before his wife maria concetta,who i believe i found arriving in new york in 1872.i thought they arrived together but it appears not.the children accompanying maria match the ages of their children that i found in the us censuses.still not able to find the actual passenger record for salvatore,unless the 1870 arrival in philadelphia for a salvatore,or s. landino,age 23,is him. thats why i would have felt more certaoin if wife maria concetta had accompanied him. but nothing is certain in this type of research.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”