Where to write for church marriage records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Caterina05271899
Rookie
Rookie

Where to write for church marriage records

Post by Caterina05271899 »

Hi,
My grandparents on my Mom's side were married in the church "SS Pietro e Caterina" in Ronciglione, Viterbo, Lazio, Italy on 30 January 1909. Their names were Giovanni Rocchi and Anna Pelliccia.

I obtained a copy of the marriage banns from an online database (located at http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it) and this helped me to identify their parents' names ... my great grandparents. Then via the same online source, I discovered their death records which helped me to estimate the year of birth.

Tommaso Rocchi (born ~1848, died 17 Dec 1921)
Vittoria Bianchini (born ~1854, died 5 Feb 1929)

Pietro Pelliccia (born ~1855, died 15 Apr 1910)
Beatrice Carelli (born ~1852, died 25 Dec 1900)

I would like to know the exact date of when they were born and married. I tried to see if I could order microfilm from the LDS Family History library but unfortunately, the microfilm for Ronciglione, Viterbo, Lazio, Italy only includes years starting at 1870.

If I assume that all of my great grandparents were baptized and married at the same church as my grandparents, the SS Pietro e Caterina in Ronciglione, can someone help me with the contact information for sending a letter or email to the church or perhaps the parish or diocesi to request copies of the baptism and marriage records?

I do not speak/write Italian but I have seen sample letters written in Italian at this site and another site so I should be able to send a letter or email once I have the contact information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Nancy
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Where to write for church marriage records

Post by adelfio »

Pretty hard to send for church records without the original dates your best bet is hiring a researcher to get your records from the church registry at one visit heres the address of the church

PARROCCHIA SS. PIETRO AP. E CATERINA V.M.
Piazza Principe Di Napoli -
01037 Ronciglione (VT)
Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Caterina05271899
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Caterina05271899 »

Marty,
Thank you for the church address and suggestion for proceeding with my research.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Maybe I missed something...anyway, here is Tommaso Rocchi and Vittoria Bianchini's marriage record:

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0

Tommaso (28 years old, peasant) was the son of Giovanni Pietro, 52 years old, peasant, living in Soriano, and of the deceased Diomira Millesi.
Vittoria (24 yo, housewife) was the daughter of Giuseppe and Catterina Fabri, both deceased.

However, if you need any research in Viterbo area, you can contact me sending a PM.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.