Benedetti/Illmer family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Benedetti/Illmer family history

Postby Aussie » 15 Dec 2015, 00:46

Hi. I am looking for some information on my grandfather who immigrated from Germany to Australia in 1951. We believe he was born with the surname Benedetti( unknown first name) in murano Italy 23/04/1917 to parents Maria & guiseppe Benedetti with at least one sibling Carlos. For some reason he supposedly changed his name to Wilhelm Illmer married my grandmother Sophie Galuska in Germany then came to Australia with Sophie's son Walter & their own son Helmut(my father). Can anyone help me to establish if this is correct or obtain a possible birth certificate?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Benedetti/Illmer family history

Postby suanj » 16 Dec 2015, 17:05

I believe that your ancestor coming from MERANO town (Bolzano province, Trentino Alto Adige region, IT) and not Murano... In Merano are Benedetti and Illmer surnames.. maybe helpful,
Visit my website:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”