foudlings and adoption

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

foudlings and adoption

Postby gioiellini » 24 Sep 2005, 20:51

ciao, my nonno was born out of wedlock 1-1-1876,in Capua,Italy,and abandoned in a wheel leading into the doorway of S.Eligio church on Alessio Mazzocchi #1(under the Arco). My father always thought that his dad was adopted by Luigi diCaprio,and his wife,Maria Maddalena diCasertana. I know my grandfather arrived @Ellis Is. in 1900,on the Spartan Prince,with Cosimo DiCaprio. My grandfather was named Alessandro Gioia by the priest @ S.Eligio. He died in the Bronx in 1947.
Any ideas on how to find out if any adoption took place? grazie
gioiellini

Re: foudlings and adoption

Postby suanj » 24 Sep 2005, 21:15

gioiellini wrote:ciao, my nonno was born out of wedlock 1-1-1876,in Capua,Italy,and abandoned in a wheel leading into the doorway of S.Eligio church on Alessio Mazzocchi #1(under the Arco). My father always thought that his dad was adopted by Luigi diCaprio,and his wife,Maria Maddalena diCasertana. I know my grandfather arrived @Ellis Is. in 1900,on the Spartan Prince,with Cosimo DiCaprio. My grandfather was named Alessandro Gioia by the priest @ S.Eligio. He died in the Bronx in 1947.
Any ideas on how to find out if any adoption took place? grazie

Hi: personally... I think that your grandfather was no legally adopted, otherwise the surname was Di Caprio and no Gioia... as similar cases, is very possible that the Major has legal entrusted legal the child, by little payment, to Luigi and Maria Maddalena ... and after the child is, however, remained to make part of the family... for to know the truth you can see the birthact on Capua microfilm by Mormons center ... normally the similar births of abandoned infants are in "Atti diversi" registry, but I read that in Capua not are so most probable that is with all births:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++
the microfilm FHL INTL Film

When you read the birthact you can descover many things and also all child descovering by the priest... and also is possible that are wrote also so"... the Major..the child to the spouses entrusts..etc the names.. etc..."..hoping helpful, regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy