searcheable messina death indexes???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

searcheable messina death indexes???

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 23 Dec 2015, 23:37

just curious. are there any online databases for the comunes in the province of messina that would be searcheable? tired of the expense and inconvenience of ordering the lds films, and the digitized collections for messina there haven't been of any help. my paternal 2nd great grandparents died in messina province ca. 1850-1900. domenico bonarrigo was born in oppido mamertina reggio calabria ca. 1820 and wife mattia puleio was born in san filippo del mela messina ca. 1818.they married in santa lucia del mela messina in 1845. at least 4 of their children were born in soccorso,a frazione of gualtieri sicamino in messina. by the 1850s this couple would have been in their 30s and most likely,with a family,died in this area in the years mentioned.i personally checked gualtieri sicamino and found nothing. i wrote to san filippo del mela and santa lucia del mela and nothing was found. i'm waiting for a response from barcellona pg in messina where their daughter maria bonarrigo,cojoint or common law wife of francesco landino resided and became the wetnurse and adoptive mother of my paternal grandmother maria costante in 1883. havent heard from them yet. pretty much checked all the comunes in the area of gualtieri sicamino,santa lucia del mela,and san filippo del mela. what makes it harder is that some of the years in question are missing,and many aren't indexed. most likely no such searcheable database exists,as i've been actively researching these records for nearly 20 years. but it never hurts to ask,and theres always something new to learn. any help or information would be most appreciated.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”