re:messina death records/indexes

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:messina death records/indexes

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 27 Dec 2015, 22:35

i've got 20 years of research experience in this area but it still baffles me. looking for death records for a domenico bonarrigo and his wife mattia puleio. domenico was born in oppido mamertina reggio calabria ca. 1820 and mattia was born ca. 1818 in san filippo del mela messina. they married in santa lucia del mela in 1845 and it appears all their children were born in gualtieri sicamino.the last from what i can see in 1852. but i've checked all years available from ca.1852 right up until the early 1900s and find nothing. this includes both the lds films and writing to the comunes of gualtieri,santa lucia,san filippo,oppido mamertina,and barcellona pg where their daughter,the adoptive or surrogate mother of my paternal grandmother was born. part of the problem is many years aren't indexed,and several years are missing altogether. if only there were a searcheable index of all vital records in messina province but it appears there isnt. i'm pretty ingenious at devising new strategies in my research,but i'm at a total loss as to how to proceed. any suggestions as to how to further my searches would be most welcome.maybe someone out there is working the same areas and years. i might be an old experienced hand at this,but theres always something to learn.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”