Foglio di Famiglia (Family Sheet) from Tusa questions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jbattagliasmith

Foglio di Famiglia (Family Sheet) from Tusa questions

Postby jbattagliasmith » 04 Jan 2016, 03:54

I have just joined the group and have been researching my family history for many years. I have just begun to dig into the italian side of the family. I would love some help if anyone has any insight.

I have a copy of the family sheet from my Great Grandfather who was born in Tusa, Sicily in 1864 (if I interpreted correctly) that my sister was given by the "town hall" in Tusa. Sorry do not know what the correct term is.

I have translated the form but the writing is hard for me to read, especially since I can't read Italian.

Anyway it says - Cognome (family name) as Battaglia which is my grandfather's last name and below Nome. Here is where it starts to confuse me - it lists Pasquale (which is my great-grandfather) followed by two names Luigerio Maria. I am not sure if they are siblings or his second/third names. This says it is a family sheet but only seems to list Pasquale's marriage and birth.

I could attach a copy (I think) if that would help.

Thank you for any help you may have.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Foglio di Famiglia (Family Sheet) from Tusa questions

Postby Italysearcher » 06 Jan 2016, 12:02

The two names that follow Pasquale are probably the names of HIS parents. That's been my experience at least.
I assume the other names have names that follow also. This way you can pick out which are siblings/children/aunts etc.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 06 Jan 2016, 12:29

If you attach a copy of the document we can certainly help

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 06 Jan 2016, 15:56

Index#75
1864 May 13th in the town of Tusa birth of Pasquale Eugenio Maria Battaglia son of Domenico Battaglia age 38 farmer and his wife Giuseppa Costanza age 36

PG LINK TO RECORD CLICK ON PG TO MAGNIFY
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jbattagliasmith

Postby jbattagliasmith » 06 Jan 2016, 22:34

To all. Thank you for you help and thanks for the offer of helping to help some more. I will post the image if I can get it to work. There are a few things on it that i can't read maybe someone who can read Italian will be able to make it out.

Jody

Return to “Italian Genealogy”