Italian ancestor in Argentina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lstamand

Italian ancestor in Argentina

Postby lstamand » 11 Jan 2016, 21:46

Does anyone know how to locate records in Argentina of Italian immigrants? Are there websites that could help in my search? I have a few dates and names but not much else. Unfortunately, I do not know where in Argentina my Italian relative settled. Would this search require the help of professional researchers, and if so, who would you recommend ?lstamand

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Italian ancestor in Argentina

Postby adelfio » 13 Jan 2016, 14:36

Welcome to IG website What names and dates are you researching
Heres the lnk
http://cemla.com/buscador/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

lstamand

Re: Italian ancestor in Argentina

Postby lstamand » 02 Mar 2016, 19:35

Marty, I am looking for Domenico D'Angelo birth Nov. 15,1896. He was sent to Argentina in 1906/1907, to live with relatives after the death of his father,Nicola D'Angelo. I have no idea where he was sent to live. He was from Orsogna,Chieti Italy. His sister, my grandmother immigrated to the US. The records for Orsogna are not on line so it has been difficult researching relatives. I looked into CEMLA but it is in Spanish and I do not have a background in that language. Lynne

Return to “Italian Genealogy”