Surnames: Oneto, Capella, Spino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PiperTony

Surnames: Oneto, Capella, Spino

Postby PiperTony » 04 Oct 2005, 00:08

I am looking for any information anyone has on any of these three families. I know the Capella's originate from Casalborgone and the Onetos and Spinos are from Naples, but that is all I know. Any info would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if I can be of help to anyone! Thanks!

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Surnames: Oneto, Capella, Spino

Postby wldspirit » 04 Oct 2005, 12:17

Any information is a rather broad term....could you please be more
specific.....have you located manifest, census....are you interested in
writing to Italy for documents??? Looking to contact current relatives??
wldspirit

scnjc2

Re: Surnames: Oneto, Capella, Spino

Postby scnjc2 » 27 Mar 2011, 18:52

My family is Spino but it was Spina (changed to spino in America). Our family traveled from San Giovanni Il Fiore and settled in West Virginia and some in Kenosha WI.

My great grandfather was Vincezo Spino married to Giovanna Marescalco. I'm looking for information about both families as well. I know Giovanna had many sisters and brothers some I see on the ships manifest as traveling to america with her (anastasia and maria) but I can't find any information for them. I also know Giovanna's father was Salvatore Marescalco. Giovanna was from San Severino.

The places I have my family documented from in Italy- Calabria, cosenza, San Giovanni in Fiore, and San Severina San severino.

I have so many papers, some times only half a name was written or the names were mis-spelled badly! For example on EllisIsland.org Vincenzo Spino is listed as Vincenzo Spine! lol I was lucky to find his papers!

Thanks.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”