Crescenzo families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Crescenzo families

Postby michelecrescenzo » 31 Jan 2016, 00:34

I may be at the end of what I can do online, therefore I must either wait for new records to be posted and/or go to Italy. This second option is sad, I know, but I feel I must make this sacrifice.

I have Gennaro Crescenzo (b. 1870), married to Angelina Pinto (b. 1875); possibly from Casal Velino, Salerno; I don't think any records, whether indexed or not, are available online.

Then I have Biaggio Crescenzo (b. 1851) and Filomena Ferrulo*, (b. 1854); possibly from Corleone, Palermo. I really am just guessing on the town, province, everything. As far as I can find, Corleone records are also not yet available.

I really have most of the US records available at familysearch.org and ancestry.com, so I'm mainly asking if I am correct that nothing else regarding these ancestors is available online yet,

These birth dates are based on census records, therefore to be regarded with suspicion. *Filomena Ferullo came up in one record as Filomena Serpientello. So either she is a second wife, or bureaucrats are not attentive.

These two Crescenzo families, by the way, are two different branches of my family, probably from two different places. (And yes, I do keep counting that I have ten toes.)

I understand that without knowing towns of origin, there is not much I can find out.

I also want to thank you all so much for your help previously. You have inspired me to be a volunteer indexer at familysearch, and I wish that someday I can return the favor to others.

Michele Crescenzo
Researching surnames Capaccio and Cerruti in Campagna, Salerno; surnames Crescenzo and Ferullo (unknown locations); surnames Nocito and Torrano in Cosenza; surnames Crescenzo and Pinto in Casalicchio (Casal Velino), Salerno.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Crescenzo families

Postby Biff83 » 31 Jan 2016, 01:19

Some Corleone civil records from about 1867 to 1895 are available online.

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2051639

And ecclesiastical records for the church of San Pietro

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2046915

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 31 Jan 2016, 16:25

Didn't see any records of Biaggio Crescenzo (b. 1851) and Filomena Ferrulo*, (b. 1854); possibly from Corleone, Palermo
Don't know if you have this
Baptism of Hieronymus=(Jerome) De Luca
Index#252
1892 June 5th baptized (born June 4th) in the church of San Martino in the town of Corleone baptism of Hieronymus De Luca son of Vincenzo De Luca and Giovanna Mancuso

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby michelecrescenzo » 01 Feb 2016, 15:55

Thanks, Marty. This certainly matches the Jerry De Luca I have. He was my grandmother's stepfather, and I might be able to link Biaggio to a specific comune through Jerry, who according to a census once boarded with Biaggio.

Many thanks,
Michele
Researching surnames Capaccio and Cerruti in Campagna, Salerno; surnames Crescenzo and Ferullo (unknown locations); surnames Nocito and Torrano in Cosenza; surnames Crescenzo and Pinto in Casalicchio (Casal Velino), Salerno.

michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby michelecrescenzo » 01 Feb 2016, 16:02

Thanks, Biff, for links to those records.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”