Spinelli/DelCollo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jengehino

Spinelli/DelCollo

Postby Jengehino » 06 Oct 2005, 07:40

Hi Bob...I hope you get this...I'm new at this....Anyway my great grandfather was Giuseppe Spinelli from Riccia. He married Lucia Tapolucci or Iapolucci? also from Riccia......They were both born in 1876 and are buried here in Bridgeton NJ.......The Delcollo's from Riccia are also my mothers cousins...The DiBuono's and Panichelli's also from Riccia are either cousins of my mothers or very close family friends...
john

Virginian

Re: Spinelli/DelCollo

Postby Virginian » 30 Jan 2006, 00:48

HI is it Joe or John?
Just guessing based on the last name. Small world, but last name is Marsh. Lived down Bank street from you as a kid?

Anyway, my e-mail address is robm1112@aol.com. Been working on the DelColle - as it was in Italy - for a while now. I think your Giuseppe is the son of the one I'm looking for, but just a hunch right now, but contact me directly and we can work on it! :)

Bob

carmadesso

Re: Spinelli/DelCollo....and DiBuono

Postby carmadesso » 14 Jun 2006, 11:52

Jengehino wrote:Hi Bob...I hope you get this...I'm new at this....Anyway my great grandfather was Giuseppe Spinelli from Riccia. He married Lucia Tapolucci or Iapolucci? also from Riccia......They were both born in 1876 and are buried here in Bridgeton NJ.......The Delcollo's from Riccia are also my mothers cousins...The DiBuono's and Panichelli's also from Riccia are either cousins of my mothers or very close family friends...
john

Hello, I'm new at this also, and was just reading your post, since I was searching on the surname DiBuono...and your post was the only one that popped up. The interesting thing is that my Grandmother's name was Carmela Iapalucci, and I believe she was born in Riccia,(approx. 1890's) as were my parents, Antonio & Antonietta DiBuono (1920 & 1932). I also remember that we had and still do have some relatives in the Bridgeton NJ area. My Mother's family name was Fanelli. Does any of this mean anything to you? Thanks!
Carmela DiGregorio :)

mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Spinelli/DelCollo

Postby mfjp » 14 Jun 2006, 18:38

Jengehino wrote:Hi Bob...I hope you get this...I'm new at this....Anyway my great grandfather was Giuseppe Spinelli from Riccia. He married Lucia Tapolucci or Iapolucci? also from Riccia......They were both born in 1876 and are buried here in Bridgeton NJ.......The Delcollo's from Riccia are also my mothers cousins...The DiBuono's and Panichelli's also from Riccia are either cousins of my mothers or very close family friends...
john

Hi John, thought I would post this to let you know that "Iapalucci" could have been your Great grandmother's surname... looks like you may have already seen these manifests?

Also, who's Bob? Did he have a post elsewhere in this forum?

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2446040257

First Name: Lucia
Last Name: Tapolucci (iapalucci)
Ethnicity: Italian South Italian
Last Place of Residence: Riccia
Date of Arrival: Sep 02, 1905
Age at Arrival: 30y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Calabria
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0017

Travels with children Carmela and Pasqualina

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 600052816&

First Name: Giuseppe
Last Name: Spinelli
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Riccia
Date of Arrival: Apr 25, 1901
Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Armenia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0021

Michele Moffa is the uncle they would be joining in NY...

Maria

Return to “Italian Genealogy”