masciovecchio or perazza family in paganica...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
js1228

masciovecchio or perazza family in paganica...

Postby js1228 » 08 Mar 2016, 21:29

Hello -
After much family research, I am hoping to visit Paganica this summer. I am looking to get any information on living relatives that we may be able to get in touch with when we are there.

My great-grandparents were Amato Masciovecchio and Lucrezia Perazza, both of Paganica. Here is some additional information...

Amato Masciovecchio (born 1888)
Father: Antonio Masciovecchio
Mother: Maria Lozzi

Lucrezia Perazza (born 1888)
Father: Pasquantonio Perazza
Mother: Concetta Tuvenitti

Any assistance or ideas on how I can get more information would be greatly appreciated. '
Thank you!

Jenn

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: masciovecchio or perazza family in paganica...

Postby suanj » 08 Mar 2016, 21:52

Hi,
to know who are the living relatives is a bit hard, because it is necessary a search in the Paganica civil records, and it is necessary to have a complete genealogic tree... so having more infos it could be possible to know the living relatives.. here Antonio Masciovecchio Death:

Antonio Masciovecchio died on 30 Oct 1926 #72 in Paganica, IT he was 79 old, son of Ferdinando Masciovecchio and of Maria Lucia Liberatore, husband of Giovanna Lozzi
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
I believe that Lucrezia mother maiden name was IOVENITTI and no TUVENITTI...
best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

js1228

Postby js1228 » 08 Mar 2016, 22:04

Hello - thank you. Yes, I have quite a bit of information on both of their families in regard to family members and dates that were found on the Family Search website. What you say about Lucrezia must be correct with her last name. I have found a couple different spellings in online records, but that makes sense with other things I've found. So, in your opinion, how do I get to this information of living relatives? What should I do? I'm clearly new to the idea of finding out living family members. I don't even know where to start. :)

As a side note, you were the one who helped me out years ago and got me going on everything. Slowly, but surely, all the information has come together! So...thank you!!! :)

Jenn

js1228

Postby js1228 » 08 Mar 2016, 22:05

Also, I just realized that you sent a link. Is that a death record? How do I find translations? Very exciting to see new documents like this!!!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 08 Mar 2016, 22:07

yes it is a Death record..
best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Mar 2016, 00:11

Heres out of the Italian phone book Masciovecchio in Paganica with address perhaps write and see if they are related
PG LINK
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
PG LINK
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... v=Paganica

marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

js1228

Postby js1228 » 13 Mar 2016, 02:38

Ok, back with a couple questions. I cannot find a date of death for my great-great grandmother, Maria Giovanna Lozzi. She was born in Fagano Alto on 2-4-1851. Her parents were Ottavio Lozzi (1818-1889) and Maria Pulcheria Lozzi (1814-1884).

I have searched online and cannot find a death record. I do know that she likely died in Paganica as her children were born there, and her husband Antonio died there.

With parents that had the same last names, I'm curious if Lozzi was a common surname? Or would they be distant cousins?

At that time, I'm also curious how Antonio and Maria Giovanna met? With one from Paganica and one from Fagano Alto, how would they meet and marry? Through relatives? I know it is not too far of a distance, but far enough that how would they come together?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 14 Mar 2016, 16:12

Death record of Giovanna Lozzi
INDEX #61
1931 Oct 21st in the town of Paganica in a house at via delle Rocce #5 the death of Giovanna Lozzi age 80 born in Fagano Alto resides in Paganica widow of Antonio Masciovecchio and is the daughter of deceased Ottavio Lozzi and deceased Pulcheria Lozzi

PG LINK TO RECORD CLICK ON MOUSE TO MAGNIFY
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

js1228

Postby js1228 » 14 Mar 2016, 20:00

Ok, great! Thank you so much! This confirms a couple things for me. :)

I'm still curious about the other questions I asked if anyone can help. As well, I came across some information online last night. I wasn't able to copy the text from the page, but I have attached a file with it below. It was from paganica.it and is in Itailian and I'd love some help understanding the meaning of the information. It mentioned my 3rd great-grandfather Ferdinand Masciovecchio in the month of March numerous times. The google translation of the page isn't clear...but is it saying that he was a land-owner? I think it says 'owner of Paganica' and I don't understand what this means? If someone could take a look and help me understand that would be great!

Jenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 14 Mar 2016, 21:57

Paganica civil trials:
Ferdinando Masciovecchio proprietor vs several farmers, that don't payed the rent (various rent types) of fields and by judge order, they was condemned to pay
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

js1228

Postby js1228 » 15 Mar 2016, 19:55

Thanks to both of you. :) I'm curious to know more about land ownership at this time in 1855. Other documents I've looked at indicate that Ferdinando was a farmer. Would this have been considered upper or middle class occupation? I'd assume if he owned land, he possibly was in a good place from a financial perspective? How can I get more insight on this? Is this the right place...or would you recommend a different forum? Thanks SO much! The help I've gotten here in a short time has been amazing!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”