Cinti Family connection?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Cinti Family connection?

Postby Anizio » 14 Mar 2016, 18:46

Hello, my ancestor Pietro Cinti died in Rome at the age of 50 in 1867.
He was from the frazione Montesecco of Pergola and moved to Rome sometime between 1857 and 1861.

On his hospital death record it says his father was Francesco Cinti.
Now Montesecco is VERY tiny (today it has 284 people).

With that in mind I also found a death record for Carolina Cinti in Montesecco, died in 1863 at the age of 47, daughter of Francesco Cinti and Cattarina [can't read].

Unfortunately it has been impossible to get the church of Montesecco to respond so its hard to trace, but are these likely the same family considering the size of the town?

thanks

TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Cinti Family connection?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 14 Mar 2016, 21:51

Anizio wrote:Hello, my ancestor Pietro Cinti died in Rome at the age of 50 in 1867.
He was from the frazione Montesecco of Pergola and moved to Rome sometime between 1857 and 1861.

On his hospital death record it says his father was Francesco Cinti.
Now Montesecco is VERY tiny (today it has 284 people).

With that in mind I also found a death record for Carolina Cinti in Montesecco, died in 1863 at the age of 47, daughter of Francesco Cinti and Cattarina Sensoli.

Unfortunately it has been impossible to get the church of Montesecco to respond so its hard to trace, but are these likely the same family considering the size of the town?
This would need to be researched.

thanks

Angela

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Cinti Family connection?

Postby Anizio » 15 Mar 2016, 03:01

I appreciate the answer, but my last paragraph made it clear that searching in Montesecco has been less than possible since the town is dead and the church will not respond.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Return to “Italian Genealogy”