Searching Maria TORRANO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Searching Maria TORRANO

Postby mascaroprimo » 15 Mar 2016, 22:57

After a great help from Tessa and Suanj, I could finf my greatgranfather.

It is important to me find my greatgrandmother as well, so, please, any help will be very welcome.

Maria Torrano - born around 1882, in the south of Italy.

Father: Genaro Torrano - from Diamante, Province of Cosenza, Calabria Region

Mother: Giuseppina Vita - from Tramutola, Province of Potenza, Basilicata Region

Thank you again, masters of IG!

Daniel Gustavo Mascaro Primo

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching Maria TORRANO

Postby suanj » 16 Mar 2016, 06:46

Hi Daniel, in effects Gennaro was born in Diamante, here his Army enlistment:
Codice SIAS IT-ASCS-F680743
Stato Civile, Comune di DIAMANTE. Registro numero 44, atto numero 27 di pagina -

Gennaro Salvatore Torrano nato/a il 14/05/1852

da Filipp'Antonio Torrano, falegname, 31 anni e da Teresina Capriglione, tessitrice, 27 anni

But I cannot find the his daughter birth in Diamante...
Regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mascaroprimo » 16 Mar 2016, 11:07

Good morning, Suanj.

You are really great!!! I am very happy with your support. You can not imagine how beautiful is to me discover about my ancestors.

I have tried more clues about Maria Torrano, but has bern hard. Was easer find his parents birth towns. It was unbelievable!

Very nice to know Gennaro' full name and his parents names as well. Thank you!

Any clue about her mother, Giuseppina Vita?

Probably Maria Torrano was born in one of the small cities among that two regions.

Will not be easy, but I really desire complete my genealogy tree finding Maria Torrano.

Thank you for share with me your knowledge!!!

Best wishes.

michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby michelecrescenzo » 16 Mar 2016, 18:45

I am also searching for Torranos--Giuseppina and Rosina (or Rosa)--and I find Verbicaro records contain many Maria Torranos.

Go here: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464
These records are not indexed; you will have to search through each one.
Researching surnames Capaccio and Cerruti in Campagna, Salerno; surnames Crescenzo and Ferullo (unknown locations); surnames Nocito and Torrano in Cosenza; surnames Crescenzo and Pinto in Casalicchio (Casal Velino), Salerno.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 17 Mar 2016, 07:52

michelecrescenzo wrote:I am also searching for Torranos--Giuseppina and Rosina (or Rosa)--and I find Verbicaro records contain many Maria Torranos.

Go here: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464
These records are not indexed; you will have to search through each one.

Usually you can find an index at the end of each year. For instance this is the index for 1871: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Mar 2016, 10:51

Daniel,
you are sure to 100% that Giuseppina Vita was born in Tramutola? I cannot find the marriage record as a well the marriage bann... I searched more than in 10 years...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mascaroprimo » 17 Mar 2016, 20:54

Crescenzo and Moreno, thank you for the information and help.

Suanj, thank you a lot for you search.

When Maria Torrano got merriege, their parents Gennaro and Giuseppina were alive and I found in his married records that information: Gennaro was from Diamante, as you confirmed, and Giuseppina was from Tramutola.

It was very strange, because there are no information about the bride, so I can not understand why they didn´t wrote nothing about the city of birth of Maria Torrano.

I have tried different docs and contacts in Brazil, but they just tell that the Torrano family went from Diamante, and have no more information about Giuseppina Vita, just that she was from Tramutola, nothing more than it, unfortunately.

Could them gor meeried in Diamante and not in Tramutola?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Mar 2016, 21:23

I searched also in Diamante, from 1882 to back and forth... no marriage record no marriage transcription... I don't found but maybe I am wrong... you have the immigration record? I cannot find it... It could be possible that they marriued in Brasil and Maria was born in Brasil?
I cannot find nothing abt Maria...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mascaroprimo » 19 Mar 2016, 14:17

Hi Suanj,

This is really strange, cause I found the information about that she was born in Italy in her marrieage record, and looks anormal that they wrote the city of bith of her parents and didn´t include the name of her own city of bith, just Italy.

Anyway, I tryied a birth information in Brazil as well, in the small city where MAria Torrano got marriege and were born all her 11 children. I could find my grandfather´s birth records in that small city (Casa Branca), but nothing about Maria Torrano´s birth record.

She got marrieged in 1897 and, according with the records, she was just 15 years old, so, was born in 1882.

So, I could find some Marias Torrano´s immigration records in Brazil, but shows that, when arrived, in 1884, one Maria Torrano was 8 years old (born 1876) and another one was 14 years old (born in 1870). This two Marias arrived together with Filomena, who was 40 years old, so I guess their mother. So, surely they are not the one who we are looking for.

In Brazil Gennaro Torrano became Janoario Torrano, and Giuseppina Vita became Josephina Vita. I have tried their names in immigrations records as well, but could find nothing so far.

I found a comunity in FACEBOOK about Torrano´s family in Brazil. No one know about Maria Torrano, neither about Gennaro (Janoario) as well, but have confirmed to me that Torrano came from Diamante, Calabria. Their parents in Brazil were from another city than Casa Branca.

I keep trying any clue to help you to help me, Suanj, cause I know how great you are in this kind of searching. Please, don´t give up!

Have a nice weekend and thank you a lot for your help so far.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 19 Mar 2016, 17:35

Daniel yes I agree that Gennaro Torrano (Gennaro Salvatore Torrano) was born in Diamante, I found his army enlistment, but the problem that I cannot find the his marriage as a well the birth of his daughter.. I searched so much and I don't found... Abt Giuseppina Vita are several persons with this name, and however in Tramutola I don't found any marriage record... I searched until 1897... so, or they don't was married or who know..
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mascaroprimo » 19 Mar 2016, 22:24

Hi Suanj,

Yes, you did a very nice search when discover about Gennaro Torrano and I am sure you have tried hard to find Maria Torrano.

Really strange have no the marrieged records. I have no clue about Gennaro, Giuseppina and Maria Torrano in Brazil, cause no one who I have talked about knows nothing about them.

In the civil records, I have just the Maria Torrano´s marrieged record, no "porcesso de casamento", neither her parents death records in Brazil.

Worse than it, I have no found any clue about their imigration records.

But, if Maria Torrano was born in 1882 as shows her marriege records, probably she was born really in Italy.

Maybe her parents was not marrieged, but she made her marrieged celebration in her father´s house, so she came to Brazil with him.

I will keep trying find some more informations.

Thank you for all you effort as well.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Mar 2016, 16:07

Daniel I cannot find Maria daughter.. abt Giuseppina...
I found a Maria Giuseppa Vita born in Tramutola on 23 Dec. 1859 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
no marriage note
but it are some other persons with same or similar name...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”