un certificato di nascita I just can't find.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bmparent

un certificato di nascita I just can't find.

Postby bmparent » 28 Mar 2016, 03:20

I've been looking for my grandmother's birth certificate high and low for about 8 months now; I've found great grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins of all sorts but this one...doesn't seem to be around. I would love to have some help from any of you who know things that I don't. Here's the specifics:
Erminia M. Cenerizio
b. 21 December 1908
Popoli, Pescara, Abruzzo OR San Benedetto dei Marsi, Pescina, L'Aquila

Father: Edwardo Cenerizio
Mother: Anna Cenerizio (Camellini)
married in Popoli,
residing in San Benedetto dei Marsi (Pescina)
I've searched the Popoli Stato Civile, no luck. I've looked for the record in the l'Aquila Stato Civile, in case she was born in S. Benedetto, (which I think is the likelyhood) but the records only go up to 1865 in this area, from what I've been able to find. I've attached the parent's marriage certificate, in case it's helpful.
Give it a shot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: un certificato di nascita I just can't find.

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Mar 2016, 16:30

I checked the births in Popoli for years 1904 - 1908 and (as your said) did not find your Erminia...
Online records and microfilms for San Benedetto only available through 1865 as you stated. :(

I do not know if you have this... it is a Boston Passenger Index listing Anna Camellino and her children,Corrado and Erminia, arriving Boston on the Cretic on 11 November 1919. It identifies their location in the manifest as "sheet 8, lines 21, 22, 23." (Left column near the bottom)
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1909/32 ... sePUB=true

T.

bmparent

Postby bmparent » 28 Mar 2016, 18:08

Wow thanks Tessa, I've been also looking for passenger info for her, but the Boston stuff hasn't reveled itself to me as easily as my Ellis Island people. I tried to use the link, but don't have an Ancestry account right now so I can't view it. Can you tell me what this information is, and how to use it if I don't have an Ancestry account? I'll go back to the site in the future, but right now, money tight as I'm going to Italy in May! Do you have any advice on how I might track down a birth certificate while there? I've already been in touch with the L'Aquila state archives, and they told me 1865 is the latest also. Maybe stuff we destroyed in the 1915 earthquake.

bmparent

Postby bmparent » 28 Mar 2016, 18:13

Just found the image on FamilySearch Tessa. Another long-standing mystery solved! Thanks again!
B

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Mar 2016, 23:13

bmparent wrote:Wow thanks Tessa, I've been also looking for passenger info for her, but the Boston stuff hasn't reveled itself to me as easily as my Ellis Island people. I tried to use the link, but don't have an Ancestry account right now so I can't view it. Can you tell me what this information is, and how to use it if I don't have an Ancestry account? I'll go back to the site in the future, but right now, money tight as I'm going to Italy in May! Do you have any advice on how I might track down a birth certificate while there? I've already been in touch with the L'Aquila state archives, and they told me 1865 is the latest also. Maybe stuff we destroyed in the 1915 earthquake.

You should try writing directly to the town of San Benedetto dei Marsi, as records are held on the town level.
Some towns whose records were destroyed by natural disaster and by wars have "recontructed" them from information provided by their residents.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Nelio Cerasani, 2
67058 San Benedetto dei Marsi (AQ)
Italy

Write your request in Italian and include a photo ID. Do not send any $$$.

Meanwhile, you can email the Comune of San Benedetto dei Marsi asking about the records for your Erminia Cenerizio (and parents, etc.) to see if they exist and may be available when you visit.
Here is the email:
info@comune.sanbenedettodeimarsi.aq.it

Good luck!

T.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 29 Mar 2016, 11:04

San Benedetto does have all its records. Good luck.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

bmparent

Postby bmparent » 30 Mar 2016, 15:15

Hi Italysearcher, thanks for telling me that S.B.D.M. does has all of their records. This will help me to keep searching. However I did write to them, at the address Tessa posted above (I wrote about 3 weeks ago) and never heard anything back. I drafted a letter and had an Italian friend translate it and sent it off. Any advice on how to get them to take me seriously, or maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing? Since I'm going there anyway in May, should I just tell them that I'm coming and what I hope to find?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 30 Mar 2016, 20:24

bmparent wrote:Hi Italysearcher, thanks for telling me that S.B.D.M. does has all of their records. This will help me to keep searching. However I did write to them, at the address Tessa posted above (I wrote about 3 weeks ago) and never heard anything back. I drafted a letter and had an Italian friend translate it and sent it off. Any advice on how to get them to take me seriously, or maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing? Since I'm going there anyway in May, should I just tell them that I'm coming and what I hope to find?

Three weeks is really not a long time. Some responses take 3 or more months, others a shorter time.
You can write an email (I posted the email address above) as a follow-up to your letter.
Here is a follow-up form letter in Italian that may be of help...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... o.response

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”