What kind of record is this?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bmparent
Rookie
Rookie

What kind of record is this?

Postby bmparent » 01 Apr 2016, 23:06

I know that this person is my GG grandmother, this document and her more ordinary atti di morte from 1912 list the same death-date; but what is the purpose of this parte 2 serie c document? And why would this document have her listed with her maiden name, Dimeo and not her married name (DiMeco)? One website I was checking out says this about parte 2 serie C documents:
serie C: atti di morte ricevuti all'estero, morte presunta, ecc.
I take this to mean acts of death received from the outside, presumed dead, etc...
What do you all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: What kind of record is this?

Postby liviomoreno » 02 Apr 2016, 08:25

In Italy, a woman always keep her maiden name. (This is a great help for genealogist...)

As you said "serie C: atti di morte ricevuti all'estero, morte presunta, ecc.
I take this to mean acts of death received from the outside, presumed dead, etc..."

In the original death record (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0) of Rosa Irene (where she was mistakenly registererd with her marriage surname) the signature of the Official who recorded the death was missing. Because of the missing signature the record itself was NULL. With a sentence of the Civil Tribunal of Teramo dated Oct 14 1913 (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0), the mayor of Nocciano was requested to make a late registration of the death.

bmparent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bmparent » 02 Apr 2016, 15:04

That's super interesting Livio, thank you. And that part about the maiden names, I didn't know that. That's going to be a big help for my research.

joetucciarone
Rookie
Rookie

Postby joetucciarone » 02 Apr 2016, 17:54

In addition, married Italian women frequently traveled under their maiden names.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”