Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ToniCrane

Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Postby ToniCrane » 04 May 2016, 04:42

Hello Everyone.
Firstly let me appologize for not being on here very much. I have been hard at work with my husband saving money for us to visit the home of his ancestors in Italy in a bid to further our FH investigations. We leave next Friday the 13th of May 2016!!! Super excited!!
This leads me to ask if anyone can suggest how we go about approaching the various churches and organisations over there that are in possession of certificates and records? This is more or less the sole purpose of our visit to Italy....to further our genealogy efforts.
I do currently have several certificates which I need help with translating and was hopeful that I can obtain some assistance with this here.
Do you have any recommendations or experiences you can share that will help us? I don't speak any Italian really and come from Australia so I know there will be a language barrier to overcome.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Toni

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Postby Italysearcher » 04 May 2016, 11:21

There are a couple of posts on my blog that cover this subject perfectly.
Have a great trip!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Postby adelfio » 04 May 2016, 15:30

Why don't you post your records here so we can help you before you leave

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”