Caramanico Civil Vital Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Caramanico Civil Vital Records

Postby apersico » 08 May 2016, 15:31

Hello! I'm hoping someone here will be familiar with the civil records of Caramanico, Pescara. My great grandfather Pasquale Persico was born there in 1882. Based on his ship manifest, his father's name was Antonio. He also had a sister Anna Giuseppa who was born around 1876. I've checked FamilySearch and they have birth records until 1866 and then from 1883 on. I've checked 1883 records just to be sure Pasquale wasn't in there and he's not. I'd really like to confirm his parents' names so I can continue on with this line.

Does anyone know what happened to the records from 1867-1882? Were they damaged/destroyed or did Family Search just not put them on microfilm for some reason?

Is it worth writing a letter to the records office? Or should I just try contacting the church? I have a friend who speaks Italian - is it possible to simply call the church in Caramanico and inquire about Pasquale, or is a letter the only way?

Has anyone else had success obtaining information on their ancestors in Caramanico born between 1866 and 1883?

Thank you!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Caramanico Civil Vital Records

Postby suanj » 08 May 2016, 16:10

I believe that the registers don't was in right order and no microfilmed, however in the Municipal Archive of Caramanico are:
ANAGRAFE E STATO CIVILE DI CARAMANICO TERME.
371 REGISTRI, 1809-1970.
●● SERIE: ATTI DI NASCITA. 99 registri, 1809-1970.
and ditto for marriages and deaths, so from 1809 to 1970 in the Municipal Archive...
http://www.comunecaramanicoterme.it/fil ... io_def.pdf (pages 17 and 18)
if you need of the Birth certificate helpful for dual citizenship you can request it...
here the email of right office in the Town Hall:
http://www.comunecaramanicoterme.it/uff ... dufficio=4
please to write the request in ittalian Language, to specify that the certificate is necessary for dual citizensahip request ( no for genealogy.. the clerk don't isuue for genealogy use, just for dual citizenship request) and to attach a copy of your ID card and don't miss your full address ( also the country)...
hoping helpful,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Postby Joannsalvo » 08 May 2016, 18:48

I am not sure if this is the correct record or not.
See record# 128, the year is 1890. Do you know Antonio's wife surname ?

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 08 May 2016, 20:57

if your ancestor was born on 1882, that could be the his WWI draft registration card?

Pasquale Persico

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards

Name Pasquale Persico
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1917-1918
Event Place New York City no 8, New York, United States
Gender Male
Nationality Italy
Birth Date 20 Mar 1882
Birthplace , ,
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1968530
and the arrival:

Pasquale Persico

New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)

Given Name Pasquale
Surname Persico
Last Place of Residence Caramico (Caramanico)
Event Date 21 Nov 1900
Age 18y
Nationality Italian
Departure Port Naples
Arrival Port New York
Gender Male
Marital Status S
Ship Name Aller
travelling with Anna persico 29 oldf, the hissister (?), and joining at father Antonio in Brooklyn, New York, NY
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
I believe that contacting Caramanico, you will obtain the his Birth certificate...... best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Postby apersico » 08 May 2016, 21:33

Thank you. Yes, the WWI and ship manifest records are of my great-grandfather. Unfortunately, the birth record is not him, as he was born in 1882.

My concern is whether or not birth records exist for Caramanico in 1882, as Family Search does not have them on microfilm. If these records do not exist, how likely is it that the church would provide any information, particularly Pasquale's parents' names, over the phone?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 08 May 2016, 21:58

As I already said, the Birth records are in Caramanico Town Hall-Municipal archive, all years are availables...

familysearch made the microfilm on the second copy of civil records, and the second copy are in the provincial court or in in the provincial archive, but it is no important for you, because just the Commune can issue the Birth certificate an having the original civil records ( the civil records are made in 2 copies, one copy, the firth, the original remaining in the Commune and one copy, the second copy, was sent in the provincial Court and after many decades, this second copy are sent in the provincial archive, and th familysearch make the microfilms) so don't worry, you just must request it in Caramanico..
hoping helpful,,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 May 2016, 22:36

Possible brother of Pasquale Persico
Donato Pietro Persico

Italia, Pescara, Stato Civile (Archivio di Stato)

Name Donato Pietro Persico
Event Type Birth
Event Date 30 Jun 1887
Event Place Caramanico, Pescara, Italy
Gender Male
Father's Name Antonio Persico
Mother's Name Maria Concetta Ricci

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... 1.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”