Free Helpful websites for Genealogy research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Free Helpful websites for Genealogy research

Postby rp76226 » 14 May 2016, 16:49

Can anyone add to this list of free and helpful websites for genealogy research found in the following link?

In addition to adding new genealogy websites, please add a brief explanation of what they are.

Re: Free Helpful websites for Genealogy research

Postby Italysearcher » 18 May 2016, 09:33
Blog posts on a variety of subjects from tips on searching the LDS films and explanations of Italian parish and civil records.
Ann Tatangelo
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. ... ly/7731505

Re: Free Helpful websites for Genealogy research

Postby Prousto » 30 May 2016, 05:26

These are the three resources I recommend to all my Italian friends:

Great for getting to know some of the history behind your surname. Some people contribute research on their own families that might help you out too.

This one provides family crests for certain Italian surnames. I know some people get really fascinated by this topic and need a niche source for something like this.

Last but not least, I recommend this one for people with mixed families, especially those who have a mixed Italian-American/British/etc. heritage. The crests you find here come with a lot of historical information that give you hints on where to search next on your genealogy hunt.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”