Maria Rosa Parrilli b.21 May 1847

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jasalva

Maria Rosa Parrilli b.21 May 1847

Postby jasalva » 25 May 2016, 21:03

I am looking for information on my husband's Italian ancestry. The above is his great grandmother, his father's grandmother. She married Onofrio Bagnuolo 1825-1905. I believe that they were from the area of Ricigliano, Italy and that they were married in Italy. Maria's parents were Severio Parrillo and her mother was Maria Marra. I would love to know more about this family. Any help will be appreciated!
Judy Link Salvatore

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Maria Rosa Parrilli b.21 May 1847

Postby Tessa78 » 25 May 2016, 22:33

I found your Tree on Ancestry and took a look at the arrival manifest you posted for Maria Rosa Parrilla there.
It is actually a "detained aliens" list - so I searched for the actual page from the manifest.

Here is the link to the manifest page - showing that Maria Rosa Parilla, age 44, lists her last residence as Casabona. She is on line 18.
She is going to her nephew Francesco Vetere in Brooklyn.
The passenger on the line below her is Stanislao Vetere, going to his brother Francesco at same address. He is also from Casabona.
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/s ... cGciOw==/1

Since Casabona and Ricigliano are about 200 miles apart... May I ask - on what do you base a birth in Ricigliano for Maria Rosa Parilla?

The surname Bagnuolo is found in Ricigliano... so it is reasonable to think that this is the birth location for her husband Onofrio -
There should be a publication of banns of marriage in the town records of Ricigliano even if the marriage took place somewhere else (usually in the home town of the bride) - The marriage banns will identify the hometown of the bride, as well as her parents' names.

You can write directly to Ricigliano to request a copy of the marriage banns (Pubblicazione di Matrimonio)
You should also include information about children who were born there to the couple.
Write your request in Italian and include a photo ID and an email address should they need to reach you.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Nuova Europa 6
84020 Ricigliano (SA)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.

jasalva

Postby jasalva » 19 Jun 2016, 15:53

Thank you for your reply. I just saw it. You asked why I thought that Maria Rosa was born in Ricigliano. This is my husband's family and that is what they told me. I know that info from family can be misleading and that it way I am seeking additional information. Again, thank you for your leads. I will pursue them.
Judy Link Salvatore

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 19 Jun 2016, 17:52

Judy where did your husbands research come from? I looked for children of Onofrio Bagnuolo this is what I found
from the archives of Salerno
Nome: Vitantonio Bagnuolo
Classe: 1866
Comune di nascita: Ricigliano

Full text: Vitantonio Bagnuolo son of Onofrio Bagnuolo and Donata Taglia nato il 3\8\1866 a Ricigliano di professione contadino

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jasalva

Postby jasalva » 20 Jun 2016, 10:52

Marty,
I do not get email alerting me to a reply from IG, so forgive me if I do not get back to you immediately. Now that I am aware of that fact, I will check the site more frequently. I am still learning to navigate the site.
In reply to your question:
We have a marriage certificate for my husband's grandparents from New York, Angelina Bagnuolo and Anthony Salvatore. Their parents are recorded on the marriage certificate. We also have family oral history. One of the children of Onofrio was my husband's grandmother, Angelina b. in NY 3 Sept 1889.
The story is that Angelina was born in New York but that her parents were from Ricigliano, Italy. I have not found the record of the family's first entry into the US. It appears as though the family returned to Italy after a son of Onofrio and Mariarosa was killed in an elevator accident. I do not know the son's name. That is why we find Angelina (Angela on the 1903 manifest returning to NY and going to live with her sister Donata, who resided in the US and who married here.) I don't know if Donata was born in Italy or the US.
We know, through Angelina, that she also had a sister Nunziata 1876-1949, who lived in the Chicago area. We later learned of another sister Marie Guiseppe through someone doing research on his family (see his conversations Fico/Bagnuolo in IG). I initially learned of this researcher, Jim, through Ancestry. We recently received a DNA confirmation of our relationship. This relative, Jim, told us about Nunziata. Jim shared information with us about their family. When I questioned my husband's family about Nunziata, one of the grandchildren of Angelina who lived with her grandmother, remembered Nunziata being mentioned.
I hope that this answers your question.

jasalva

Postby jasalva » 20 Jun 2016, 11:15

Just located another record, this is from another Ancestry researcher, confirms as a third cousin through DNA. He visits Ricigliano and has found this record and sent it to me. Piaza Grande N 56 Foglio di Famiglia N 389
1. Bagnulo, Onofrio di Giuseppe e Piegari Maria M capo nato a Recigliano 15/2/1825-marito Parrilli
2. Parrilli Maria Rosa fu Saverio e Marra Maria nata a Ricigliano 21/5/1847-moglie di Onofrio Bagnuolo
3. Bagnuolo Maria Guiseppa di Onofrio nata a NY 7/2/1888
4. Bagnuolo Angela di Onfrio figlia nata a NY 3/9/1889

Return to “Italian Genealogy”