Maiale

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Maiale

Postby L.Maiale » 20 Oct 2005, 08:41

My last name is Maiale. My great-grandfather came to Ellis Island around 1912 and was about 20 at the time. His name was Pasquale Maiale, and he came from Mazzara del Vallo, Palermo, Sicilia. I was wondering how I could find my ancestors back in Italy. Over the years my father has tried, but never had any luck. I was also wondering how to find something symbolic to represent the name Maiale, and not necessarily a pig! <-- this being for a possible tattoo. Thank you.
L.Maiale

Re: Maiale

Postby wldspirit » 20 Oct 2005, 12:52

have you completed all Us research? Do you have the names of your great grandfathers parents? Was he married in Italy or Us?
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Maiale

Postby suanj » 20 Oct 2005, 15:51

L.Maiale wrote:My last name is Maiale. My great-grandfather came to Ellis Island around 1912 and was about 20 at the time. His name was Pasquale Maiale, and he came from Mazzara del Vallo, Palermo, Sicilia. I was wondering how I could find my ancestors back in Italy. Over the years my father has tried, but never had any luck. I was also wondering how to find something symbolic to represent the name Maiale, and not necessarily a pig! <-- this being for a possible tattoo. Thank you.

on Mormons center are the census of Mazara del Vallo:
-Riveli di beni e anime, Mazara del Vallo (Trapani), 1584-1815 Sicilia. Deputazioni del Regno
-civil records Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Mazara del Vallo (Trapani). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy