Maiale

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
L.Maiale

Maiale

Postby L.Maiale » 20 Oct 2005, 08:41

My last name is Maiale. My great-grandfather came to Ellis Island around 1912 and was about 20 at the time. His name was Pasquale Maiale, and he came from Mazzara del Vallo, Palermo, Sicilia. I was wondering how I could find my ancestors back in Italy. Over the years my father has tried, but never had any luck. I was also wondering how to find something symbolic to represent the name Maiale, and not necessarily a pig! <-- this being for a possible tattoo. Thank you.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Maiale

Postby wldspirit » 20 Oct 2005, 12:52

have you completed all Us research? Do you have the names of your great grandfathers parents? Was he married in Italy or Us?
wldspirit

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Maiale

Postby suanj » 20 Oct 2005, 15:51

L.Maiale wrote:My last name is Maiale. My great-grandfather came to Ellis Island around 1912 and was about 20 at the time. His name was Pasquale Maiale, and he came from Mazzara del Vallo, Palermo, Sicilia. I was wondering how I could find my ancestors back in Italy. Over the years my father has tried, but never had any luck. I was also wondering how to find something symbolic to represent the name Maiale, and not necessarily a pig! <-- this being for a possible tattoo. Thank you.

on Mormons center are the census of Mazara del Vallo:
-Riveli di beni e anime, Mazara del Vallo (Trapani), 1584-1815 Sicilia. Deputazioni del Regno
-civil records Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Mazara del Vallo (Trapani). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”