NEED HELP PLEASE- Looking for Mario and Arina D'OBREZ / DOBREZ - families in Fiume Italy - Thank you

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Michelemh

NEED HELP PLEASE- Looking for Mario and Arina D'OBREZ / DOBREZ - families in Fiume Italy - Thank you

Post by Michelemh »

Hi
I need help please looking for family research in Fiume Italy Thank you
I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with some family history research please
Looking for any information on the famlies of " Mario Dobrez" he was born 22/23 ? May 1907 Fiume Italy
[ he was a boxer? from 1928 ? -1930's ? Fiume Italy ?]
and his wife "Arina ?" she was born 1st Sep 1919 Fiume Italy sorry do not know Arina surname before her marriage to Mario Dobrez
I am trying to find out the name's of Mario and Arina Dobrez father , mother and name's of any brother's or sister's ???? they had
Mario Dobrez left Italy in 1950 along with his wife Arina ? and their two children- son Livio born 1942 and daughter Renata born 1946
There was talk about the 2nd World War- where an uncle Oskar ? founder of the local CP branch ? was held in internal exile in Calabria for three years ????? I am not sure if this was their father Mario brother or their mother Arina brother ??
and that an uncle Willy ? was tortured and killed by the Germans ???? and again I am not sure if this was their father Mario brother or their mother Arina brother ??
Thank you for your time and any help you can give me in my search for Mario Dobrez and Arina ? families in Fiume Italy it will be much appreciated and if I can be of any help to anyone looking for help in Australia for family research lookup's let me know and I will see what information I can find in Australia on who your looking for
With kind regards Michelemh
Australia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE- Looking for Mario and Arina D'OBREZ / DOBREZ - families in Fiume Italy - Thank you

Post by suanj »

Hi, I found with this surname, just these infos abt 2 Dobrez:
-Daniele Dobrez, born in Apriano di Abbazia,Fiume, resident in Poljane(ex Jugoslavia)), born on 1911, shoemaker, denounced by the fascists because communist: https://s15.postimg.org/s4w1nemxn/D07260.jpg
and he was in the jail http://www.museoferramonti.org/protagonisti.php?id=31
in Manfredonia ( Apulia region and then on 5 jun 1943 in Ferramonti the internment camp in Tarsia town, Calabria
and
-Giuseppe Dobrez born on 1872 in Poljane (ex Yugoslavia), farmer, confined because antifascist
source:
Casellario Politico Centrale
http://151.12.58.148:8080/CPC/

The first name is the only Dobrez that I found and that he was exiled in Calabria...
No Oskar or Willy... hoping helpful,
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
RDVig30

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE- Looking for Mario and Arina D'OBREZ / DOBREZ - families in Fiume Italy - Thank you

Post by RDVig30 »

I have some information that may be helpful. What do you need this for? Why are you asking about this family?
What research does this fit into?
lcarelynch

Post by lcarelynch »

Hello,
If you are still looking for information on this family, please respond to RDVig30. I am a friend of hers and have been helping her with her family genealogy. The family you are searching for is hers and she would be happy to correspond with you. She is curious to know if you are Silvia's son Michele? Anyway, thought I'd drop you line in the hopes that you are still checking this site for information.
Regards,
Lisa
Rebecca Fox

Post by Rebecca Fox »

Hi there.
My name is Rebecca and, I know all about this family but only form a distance.
In fact, a few years ago, Livio even put together a full family history.
I can tell you that Mario and Arina emigrated to Australia with Renata and Livio.
Livio is living in Canberra and is a retired professor of the Australian National University.
I am a relation but it is complicated.
Please feel free to reach out if you like.
Be well!