The place of birth is left blank

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Caterina05271899

The place of birth is left blank

Postby Caterina05271899 » 10 Jun 2016, 05:05

Hello,
I would appreciate your feedback and corrections if any, regarding my translation of the top half of the attached marriage record. This is the marriage record of my great grandparents Tommaso Rocchi and Vittoria Bianchini who were were married in Ronciglione, Vitero, Lazio.

Is it unusual that the place of birth is not provided on the record? Should I assume that they were born in Ronciglione or is it possible that the town of birth is unknown?

Thank you for your time and feedback!
Nancy

Record #36
In the year 1877 day 10 of November at the hour 6:40pm in the Town Hall of Ronciglione.

Appeared 1. Rocchi Tommaso age 29, peasant farmer, born in _________, resident of Ronciglione, son of Giovanni Pietro, age 52, resident of Soriano and the deceased Millesi Diomira.
2. Bianchini Vittoria age 24, homemaker, born in _________, resident of this town, daughter of the deceased Giuseppe, resident of __________ and the deceased Fabri Catterina.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: The place of birth is left blank

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 10 Jun 2016, 05:59

Looks fine to me (except there is no mention of Giovanni Pietro's age in the marriage act, which you have posted, that I can see?) It is mentioned in the marriage bann though and hes, he was fifty-two. Here is their marriage bann which confirms that both Tommaso and Vittoria were born in Ronciglione: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Editing: One more thing, in the record you have posted it doesn't say that Vittoria was a house wife. It says that her occupation was "Operaio" which translates to Workman/Laborer/Artisan so probably in her case she would be an Artisan. However, in the Marriage Banns she is "Donna di Casa" - woman involved in domestic duties, some would say homemaker.

Angela

mmogno
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mmogno » 10 Jun 2016, 14:49

Caterina05271899 wrote:...
Is it unusual that the place of birth is not provided on the record? Should I assume that they were born in Ronciglione or is it possible that the town of birth is unknown?
Record #36
In the year 1877 day 10 of November at the hour 6:40pm in the Town Hall of Ronciglione.

Appeared 1. Rocchi Tommaso age 29, peasant farmer, born and resident of Ronciglione, son of Giovanni Pietro, age 52, resident of Soriano and the deceased Millesi Diomira.
2. Bianchini Vittoria age 24, homemaker, born and resident of this town, daughter of the deceased Giuseppe, resident of __________ and the deceased Fabri Catterina.

Caterina05271899

Postby Caterina05271899 » 10 Jun 2016, 19:55

AngelaGrace56 and mmogno,
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback!
Nancy

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 10 Jun 2016, 20:57

Caterina05271899 wrote:AngelaGrace56 and mmogno,
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback!
Nancy

You are very welcome, Caterina.

mmogno: I've just looked at the online marriage record which is much clearer and see that they have actually overwritten "in" with "e". In the image here it looked like it was crossed out. Great you picked up on this.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”