Researcher recommendations needed: Gioiosa Marea church records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VotM
Veteran
Veteran

Researcher recommendations needed: Gioiosa Marea church records

Postby VotM » 13 Jun 2016, 15:16

Between the civil registration records and the 1811 Riveli, I have a firm trail back along the patrilineal path to a Nicolo Molica Nardo, my great-great-great-great (Gx4) grandfather, whose birth was very likely sometime before 1750. The 1748 Riveli gives me a solid pointer to a likely ancestor beyond him, a Giuseppe Molica Nardo, but I could make arguments for that person being either my Gx5 or Gx6 grandfather.

I believe I have pushed the boundaries of my research as far the the records available online for Gioiosa Guardia/Marea allow. At this stage, I would like to find someone with access to parish records for that Comune.

The primary goal would be to verify whether the 3 year old Nicolo Molica Nardo found in the 1748 Riveli is indeed my Gx4 grandfather, or if there is another generation sandwiched between Giuseppe and Nicolo. (Or if I've simply discovered a remarkable coincidence in the set of lands owned. :-)) A secondary goal would be finding the baptismal records for my Gx3 and Gx2 grandfathers in that line, both of whom I only have approximations as to their years of birth. Last would be to push the boundaries of the patrilineal back as far as possible within the church records to see if the surname "Molica Nardo" had evolved from a "di Nardo" family or from a "Molica" branch. (The 1711 Riveli hints at the latter possibility.)

Recommendations would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance!
LDS Gioiosa Marea "road map" post at
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/33808

LDS Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea "road map" post at
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 50#p239255

Return to “Italian Genealogy”