Scacchetti Family Tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Scacchetti Family Tree

Postby Scacchetti7792 » 16 Jun 2016, 06:27

Hi I am 3rd generation in the US. I am trying to explore my family tree before I head to Italy next month. I have made some progress and got up to my great grandfather. Unfortunately from there, I cannot find anything.

My great grandfather's name is John Scacchetti. Born around April 1897 in Roccagorga, Italy. Died May 11, 1965 in Youngstown, OH.

He was married to Mary Scacchetti (Fetich). He had a brother Frank who was born January 9, 1911 in Roccagorga and died May 24, 2008 in Gainesville, GA.

His parents names (I believe) are Pasovale (Pasquale?) Scacchetti and Carolina T. Ciotti Scacchetti. I cannot find any info on them and this is where I am stuck.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you
Joe Scacchetti

Re: Scacchetti Family Tree

Postby Italysearcher » 16 Jun 2016, 20:34

If you speak Italian the clerk at the town office will be sure to help. I have researched in Roccagorga. The priest is very difficult to deal with. Either way be sure to read my blog on Planning a trip to the town of origin.
Ann Tatangelo
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. ... ly/7731505

Return to “Italian Genealogy”