Nicola Alè b. 1933 Ortona, Chieti, Abruzzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ruqa

Nicola Alè b. 1933 Ortona, Chieti, Abruzzo

Postby Ruqa » 20 Jun 2016, 11:11

Hi everyone I'm looking for information on my paternal grandfather. His name was Nicola Alè he was born in 1933 in Ortona, Chieti, Abruzzo and he arrived in Australia in 1952 on a boat called the Hellenic Prince that departed from Naples. I don't know anything about his family except apparently he had a brother called Tomasso. He had a argument with his father when he told him he wanted to come to Australia and they never spoke again after he left and he wouldn't talk about his family, it was a touchy topic for him. Anyway here I am researching my tree and I have this dead end can anyone help me out? Is anyone from Abruzzo or Ortona? Can anyone give me some direction maybe an registry office or something that I could contact? Also I read somewhere Alè is an abbreviation of Alessandro. Its possible at some point that our family name was Alessandro instead of Alè.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Nicola Alè b. 1933 Ortona, Chieti, Abruzzo

Postby suanj » 14 Aug 2016, 16:44

Hi,
by this document, he was the son of Antonio Alè and Chiara Cretone ( to see pag 6) and resident in Villa San Leonardo, a hamlet of Ortona
http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNR ... 3220&T=PDF
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”