Tracing my father

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Tracing my father

Postby GeraldM » 27 Jun 2016, 13:04

Hello, This is my first attempt so please forgive any naivety as i'm not sure where to start. Having fairly recently made contact with my birth mother i am now trying to trace my birth father.

My mother is English and was working the ski season in Switzerland in 1971 when she fell pregnant and returned to England, i was born in London and given up for adoption.

I have since made contact with my birth mother who has filled me in with some information on my father whom i am now hoping to trace. He was about 3 years older than my mother which would make his year of birthday 1946/7. He went by the name of Gini Bombare and was from the Bari area. That is the extent of my knowledge unfortunately.

Can anyone point me in the direction of resources who may be able to help with my quest?

Many thanks in advance

Re: Tracing my father

Postby suanj » 11 Sep 2016, 17:52

just a little help abt name spelling; I believe right: Gino Bombara ( Gino is the diminutive of Luigi, so maybe Luigi Bombara).
Bombara surname is rare in Apulia region and seeming that exist just in Putignano ( Bari province).
Hoping helpful,
Visit my website:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”