Navy search plus questions. - Crevatin

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
WestAussie

Navy search plus questions. - Crevatin

Postby WestAussie » 30 Jun 2016, 17:53

Good evening everyone

I was wondering if it was possible to do a navy search for online for relatives that were in the navy.

Also would anyone know if there is a listing for families that were at the DPC camps or that escaped the tito regime ?

One last question... Is there anywhere online where you can look up census wise marriages birth deaths in english in regards to Italy/ trieste area before and after war..

Sorry for the questions

I am finding it hard finding names or information on family where exact were born or parents names etc...no idea where to start. Passports says one thing yet they said another.

Names I am searching are Ruggero Crevatin - I have when they arrived in Australia when they left.

Adgalisa - Wife name but her madien name is Zacchinga

and Marcon which is Ruggero's mothers maiden last name.. all I have on her is her dad died as a POW in Russia. no names or anything

As for the navy question

I have a seen pics of Ruggero and his brother Ferriciou in the Navy but alas no details.

Hope there is someone that may be able to help me out.

First time touching family searching in over 5 years.

mmogno
Elite
Elite

Re: Navy search plus questions. - Crevatin

Postby mmogno » 30 Jun 2016, 18:43

WestAussie wrote:Adalgisa - Wife name but her madien name is Zacchinga
... or Zacchigna?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Jul 2016, 20:38

Looks like Ruggero Crevatin was not born in Italy but he came from Bagnoli to Australia

PG LINK
http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNR ... ?B=3174630

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mmogno
Elite
Elite

Postby mmogno » 03 Jul 2016, 22:05

Ruggero and Adalgisa Crevatin were born in Pola in 1920 and 1923, respectively. Pola in those years belonged to Italy. The town and Istria were assigned to Yugoslave only in 1947.
http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNR ... ?B=3174628

In 1950 they migrated into Australia from the Displaced Person Camp of Bagnoli.
http://www.dpcamps.org/bagnoli.html

adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adellagreca » 04 Jul 2016, 05:30

Bagnoli is a district of Naples, Italy. There is also a Bagnoli Irpino, in the province of Avellino also in Italy, but Bagnoli by itself is Naples
Neil

Return to “Italian Genealogy”