What are the best italian baby names with meanings ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
georgiaelwiss

What are the best italian baby names with meanings ?

Post by georgiaelwiss »

Hey guys I am from Canada . I am staying in Sweden right now. My company is transferring me to Italy in Rome . We are waiting for our new born baby . I am pregnant :) . I want good Italian names for my baby with English meanings . If they sound like English and easy to understand for local also . In the school and everywhere .
georgiaelwiss

Re: What are the best italian baby names with meanings ?

Post by georgiaelwiss »

My friend no one is Interested in that answer . I have searched many sites . Hope you can help me now from these italian babies list with meanings .www.babynology.com/italian_babynames.html
frankdamore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankdamore »

You need to choose something that has meaning to you! We follow tradition throughout my family of using the father's name or middle name (or go back a generation). The women in my family usually carry the middle name over to next of kin also.

Good luck!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Hello! I'm Italian and I have to say in Italy is starting to take hold the use of foreign names for children, taken from cinema or sports stars (Christian, Kevin, Chantal, Nicholas...). I must say I'm not happy of that; I wonder why they do not choose an Italian name, or an Italian equivalent when existent (but maybe I'm growing old, as I'm 51) like Cristiano or Nicola. My children took their names from their GF's (Vittorio and Benedetto), and I'm proud of that. Of course, I'm a genealogist, and this is a tradition carry on for me. It's hard to say what name would be good for you baby. It also depends on how it sound to your ears. For instance, I'd say "Francesco", typically Italian, as St. Francis of Assisi is our patron saint. It's quite popular, and not considered "strange".
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.