Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Postby kayla_gucci97 » 12 Jul 2016, 07:00

I dont even know if anyone gets on this anymore but im at a complete road block! Im trying to do my family tree but im having trouble figuring anything out on the Guccione side. I myself am a Guccione. The most i can find out is my 3x great grandfathers name is Andrea Guccione and his sons name is Saverio. Saverio came to america and died in Missouri. Saverio had a daughter Mary(maria), 3 sons; Thomas, Nicholas and Andrew. Nicholas actually played for the St.Louis cardinals till he was draft for wwII. Thomas is my great grandfather and his son Samuel who has 14 children is my grandfather. Saverio was born in 1873, so his father had to be bron around the early 50s or later 40s. My 3x great grandfather was married to Maria Di Giuseppe. Their Son Saverio was born in campobello di Mazzara. Ive been told im related to the famous Bob Guccione and that im related to to the man who make the Guccione wine Alia, which i dont doubt because he looks like my dad! but have no idea how im related to these people and im just trying to figure out this huge scrambled puzzle. HELP PLEASE

Re: Guccione's

Postby adelfio » 15 Jul 2016, 17:28

Welcome to IG website

There are limited civil records of Campobello di Mazzara online 1911-1920's so your best bet is to rent films and view them at your local Family History Library of Registri dello stato civile di Campobello di Mazara (Trapani), 1821-1910

FILMS FROM FHL OF Campobello di Mazzara ... %20Library

In searching Italian civil records you have birth(nati) death(morte) marriage (matrimoni) by year most go from 1866-1910 some towns have other years. Indexes are found at the beginning or end of the year you are searching by index number and surname.There are also multi year indexes which combine 5 or 10 years of indexes
Babies are born then presented to the civil official of the town usually within a few days of birth for entry in the birth registry. If there is a problem and they cant register the birth act until much later they are entered in the Parte 2 for that year usually in the rear of the records and that record is usually handwritten. Sometimes there are sidenotes with marriage or death information or if the act has a mistake in it a correction to those mistakes
Marriage records include birth town, ages, occupations, parents names, if they are deceased
Death records have age parents if they were married and to whom and usually town of birth
Civil records are signed by the civil official and 2 witnesses not usually family

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Re: Guccione's

Postby Tessa78 » 15 Jul 2016, 19:54

In addition to marty's :-) suggestions, it is important to collect as much information about the family and "extended" family as you can, both in the USA and in Italy.

I located this arrival index card for Saverio Guccione through port of Philadelphia on 4 March 1911, on the Taormina out of Palermo.
He states that he had been in US before (1902-1907) in St. Louis, MO
He is traveling to his brother LEONARDO in St. Louis.
He gives his place of birth as Campobello, Sicily AND his wife's name as FRANCESCA MOBILE.
It also gives a physical description of him :-) ... cc=1921483

Return to “Italian Genealogy”