Sansone & Perricone Families in Termini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jc93

Sansone & Perricone Families in Termini

Postby jc93 » 07 Aug 2016, 08:08

Hello! I am extremely new to family research, so it's pretty clear how inexperienced I am to finding information. There is just one part of my family tree that I have hit a brick wall with: my Italian side.

I have all of their immigration information, however, I have not been able to locate any information at all of their time in Italy, so I was really hoping someone could help me out. I will provide as much and all information I know about the relatives I am aware of:

My great-grandparents' names are: Liberante Sansone and Diega Perricone.

Liberante (sometimes listed as Liberanti) immigrated to the US and arrived on April 15, 1897 on Ship Werra, which departed from Naples. He was a shoemaker and eventually made his way to Washington, D.C. He was originally married to Giuseppina Perricone (sometimes seen as Giuseppa), who was actually Diega's sister.

Giuseppina arrived to the US on July 7, 1898 on Ship Wilhelm Kaiser II, which departed from Naples. She came with two children: Salvatore and Giuseppa Sansone (as listed on the immigration data I found). She also came with her father, Paolo. This immigration list also shows that their last residence was Termini. This makes me go ahead and assume that Termini was also Liberante's last residence prior to him immigrating, as these two were married when he left Italy. All four of these people eventually made their way to Washington, D.C. to meet Liberante.

Diega arrived on February 5, 1904 on Ship Carpathia, which departed from Palermo. This immigration data lists her full name as Baviera Conca Diega Perricone. She also came with her mother, Maria Re, and sister, Anna Perricone. These three also made their way to Washington D.C., to meet their family.

Eventually Giuseppina passed away and Diega married Liberante here in the US.

Unfortunately, I do not have any exact dates of birth and only have estimated years of birth, but here is what I have:
Liberante Sansone: born abt. 1864
Diega Perricone: born abt. 1874
Paolo Perricone: born abt. 1841
Maria Re: born abt. 1842

I also cannot confirm if any of those four were actually born in Termini, but I am pretty confident that Termini was their last place of residence prior to their emigration from Italy.

Thank you for any help, and I apologize for all the information!

jc93

Re: Sansone & Perricone Families in Termini

Postby jc93 » 11 Aug 2016, 00:55

I am also including this visual of my family tree if that helps at all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Aug 2016, 01:57

While very few of the Termini Imerese records are online, I did find an index of marriages that will confirm that Liberante Sansone and Giuseppa Perricone were married in Termini in 1887. It is record #165.

Far left column, about 1/3 of the way down. :-)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

T.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 11 Aug 2016, 03:06

The surname Perricone is spelled Pirricone in the registry incorrectly
03/17/1863 in the town of Termini Imerese the marriage of Paolo Perricone son of deceased Giuseppe Perricone and Giuseppa Luparello married to Maria Re daughter of Michele Re and Providenza Corso

01/13/1873 in the town of Termini Imerese the birth of Diega Perricone-Bavera-Conca daughter of Paolo Perricone-Bavera-Conca and Maria Re

10/20/1887 in the town of Termini Imerese the marriage of Liberante Sansone son of Salvatore Sansone and deceased Giuseppa Marta married Giuseppa Perricone-Bavera-Conca daughter of Paolo Perricone-Bavera-Conca and Maria Re

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 11 Aug 2016, 03:12

INDEX#44
01/21/1863 in the town of Termini Imerese the birth of Giuseppa Perricone-Bavera-Conca daughter of Paolo Perricone-Bavera-Conca and Maria Re

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jc93

Postby jc93 » 11 Aug 2016, 03:19

I cannot even explain how exciting this information is. I can't wait to share all of this with my grandfather!
Thank you so so so much, T. and Marty!

I do have a couple more questions!

Marty, I am curious as to where I can actually look at these documents. Like I said, I'm super new to this, so where are the indexes that you were referring to?

My next question pertains to the family name of Perricone-Bavera-Conca. I assume that the name consists of a bunch of family names, but what would the reasoning behind that be?

Do you think I (or you) would be able to further on this family tree even more than what was just listed? I love learning all of this stuff!

Again, thank you so much for the help!

Jay

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 11 Aug 2016, 03:37

There is a database of Termini Imerese records with a $50.00 fee per year online info taken from Family History Library film records of Termini Imerese
I would say the reason behind Perricone-Bavera-Conca is to identify the Perricone branch line with numerous same first names

PG LINK
http://www.termini-imerese.org/

Marty

Marty

jc93

Postby jc93 » 11 Aug 2016, 03:43

Thank you so much! I really, really appreciate it.

Jay

Return to “Italian Genealogy”