Looking for the following surnames...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Looking for the following surnames...

Postby sacesta » 24 Aug 2016, 00:19

I need some help locating the following surnames. These names do not seem to occur in Calatafimi, Trapani, Sicily. Can you help me locate them?

Alonzo
Amadea
Fimia
Rocca
Romano
Sabena
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.

sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Looking for the following surnames...

Postby sacesta » 24 Aug 2016, 04:01

Thanks. These sites will help.
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.

Dianadr

Postby Dianadr » 24 Aug 2016, 11:40

Tonitto a surname from Friuli, I am also trying to find if my g.grandfather had siblings, I don't know how to go about this. Nobody is alive at this time, even from their village, that would have this information.
How can I find this? Can anyone give me any clues. Dianadr

laroccaj

Postby laroccaj » 07 Nov 2016, 22:46

I'm new to the board. You might find some of my research interesting and curious if you see any connections. All of this information has been verified by the Commune of Calatafimi, in person. Have several generations back if desired.

(my GGF) Giuseppe La Rocca was born on July 26, 1843, in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicilia, Italy, his father, Gaspare, was 44 and his mother, Anna, was 35. He married Rosalia Romano on January 17, 1869, in his hometown. They had two children during their marriage. He died on July 10, 1895, in Calatafimi, Sicilia, Italy, at the age of 51.

(my GGM) Rosalia Romano was born on August 11, 1849, in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicilia, Italy, the child of Vincenzo and Vincenza. She married Giuseppe La Rocca on January 17, 1869, in her hometown. They had two children during their marriage. She died on November 21, 1928, in Calatafimi, Sicilia, Italy, at the age of 79.

(my GF) Vincenzo La Rocca was born on October 3, 1889, in Calatafimi, Sicilia, Italy, his father, Giuseppe, was 46 and his mother, Rosalia, was 40. He married Paola Balduccio on June 21, 1925, in Manhattan, New York. They had four children during their marriage. He died on June 1, 1973, in Miami, Florida, at the age of 83.

(my GM) Paola Balduccio was born on April 3, 1897, in Calatafimi, Sicilia, Italy, her father, Antonino, was 28 and her mother, Maria, was 29. She married Vincenzo La Rocca on June 21, 1925, in Manhattan, New York. They had four children during their marriage. She died on February 3, 1975, in Miami, Florida, at the age of 77.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”