Looking for help with the Newark, NY Fischette family.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
xxkaylamae93

Looking for help with the Newark, NY Fischette family.

Postby xxkaylamae93 » 24 Aug 2016, 23:03

Hello! I've been looking into my boyfriend's family tree for a few months now; I started my own in January so I am pretty new to geneology. I always get stuck when it comes to the homeland. I am stuck on nearly all branches of my own tree (not italian)! My boyfriend's is going a little better, but I am very confused. I don't know where or how to look! So, here is what I have:

The Fischette family is from St. Angelo Lombardi. I have great-grandfather Vito Fischette (b Nov 10, 1898 d 1966) to Antonio Fischette and Theresa Pizzirusso. Siblings are William, Anthony, Anna Marro, and Concetta Minio. The brothers came to America, sisters stayed in Italy. I do not know about the parents. Vito arrived in America October 4, 1920. His wife (Angeline b May 8 1899) joined him July 2, 1922. They ended up in Newark, New York.

I do have some confusion about the surname. Recently I contacted a man with the surname of Celso. As it turned out, Celso's father grew up on the same street as Vito and they immigrated together. The man remembers Vito, they had dinner parties often. I am waiting to hear again from him.

Celso told me that Vito's wife's maiden name was Fuschetto. She did list an Anthony Fuschetto in her immigration papers as her father in the 'someone from home who knows you' slot. But. Both Vito and Angeline are listed as Fuschetto on the passenger list to New York. Even though they arrived two years apart. And Vito's father is listed as Antonio in his obituary. So, how do I straighten that out?

My only sources for this info are Celso, the passenger lists, and Vito's obituary. Ancestry spat out Angeline's birthday so I am not positive in it.

Any help would be appreciated!

xxkaylamae93

Re: Looking for help with the Newark, NY Fischette family.

Postby xxkaylamae93 » 02 Sep 2016, 00:46

I recently found this as well, for Vito's wife. The birthrates do not match, but are close enough to be plausible. I have no record of where she came from, or their marriage. She is always listed as Angelina Mary Fischette in the US, and they named their daughter Mary Angelina.

And if someone could translate this I would be very grateful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 02 Sep 2016, 02:36

Birth record of Vito Fischette
INDEX#229
1898 Nov 10th in the town of St. Angelo Lombardi birth of Vito Fischette son of Angelo Fischette age 31 farmer (son of Guglielmo Fischette )and and his wife Teresa Pizzirusso

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043434

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 02 Sep 2016, 02:56

Birth record of Angela Maria Fuschetto
INDEX#100
1899 May 7th in the town of St. Angelo Lombardi birth of Angela Maria Fuschetto daughter of Antonio Fuschetto age 26 farmer and his wife Maria Feta????

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=0243434

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mmogno
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mmogno » 02 Sep 2016, 10:57

adelfio wrote: his wife Maria Teta

Return to “Italian Genealogy”