Surname MANDERINO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mando35

Surname MANDERINO

Postby mando35 » 14 Nov 2005, 06:10

I am trying to find information on Pietro MANDERINO. I am not sure of a number of things and need some help. I have been told many things about the family histroy most is not helpfull.
Peitro was rasied in either Caserta, Formia, or Fondi.
His marriage record in the USA shows he married Carolina D'Auria in Boston, MA, USA. I have his death certificate and marriage licence. I think he was born around 1886. The story is the mother died in child birth and Peitro's father had him raised by the Simeone family. He was a merchant of some sort and his business took him away for long periods of time. Eventually he had his son sent to the US. He would be my grandfather and I would love to know if there is a way of finding birth records in Italy. Did they have provincial census?
I am a newbie to this and any help would be appreciated.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname MANDERINO

Postby suanj » 14 Nov 2005, 11:36

Hi on 1930 census of Massachusetts > Middlesex > Arlington > District 161, Peter result born in 1880, and immigrated in 1894.. the Caroline wife, also italian, immigrated in 1904. the children was, Elizabeth, Mary and Eva,
daughters, and Augustine son...

Name: Peter Manderino
Estimated birth year: abt 1880
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Caroline Manderino
Race: White
Home in 1930: Arlington, Middlesex, Massachusetts

-an Pietro MANDARINO(exact spelling) came in USA in Aug 18, 1896, age 17 so born abt 1880... final destination New York...
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 3283011417

about the provincial italian census, it exist not... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mfjp
Master
Master

Postby mfjp » 14 Nov 2005, 12:04

Hi all,

To view the ships record suanj posted... click "next page" about 7 or so times...lost count... he's on line 20... though information is limited.

There is also a draft record for him as well, married to a Caroline, shows an address, and best of all, a signature.

Name: Peter Mandarino
City: Arlington
County: Middlesex
State: Massachusetts
Birth Date: 4 Nov 1878

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4074 ... and7by.jpg

Hope he's the one!
mfjp

RalphF

Postby RalphF » 13 Jun 2012, 06:59

I am new to this web site, so I am just seeing your post regarding Pietro Manderino. I remember his children, but I was too young to know him. They were first cousins to my mother. My grandfather, Amedeo D'Auria, was the brother of Carolina. What I heard about 'Uncle Peter' was that he was a business man, mostly produce stores, in the Arlington/Somerville, MA area. They had a home on Mystic Street in Arlington. (my mother knows the exact address) She is the last of the first cousins of that generation. I have older cousins to me, who are of my mother's age group, who remember Uncle Peter and were also close to his son, Gus, and his four sisters. You might already know that the Manderino family burial place in Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Arlington.

My grandfather's other sister also lived in Arlington, MA. Her married name was Caterino. Would be happy to share info as it is found.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”