Italian or Sicilian

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Italian or Sicilian

Postby ray1955 » 23 Sep 2016, 22:16

In a previous conversation I was told that my Sicilian family in Sicily will only speak their dialect to those in Sicily that to me they would speak Italian.

Which by the way, does not translate well with Google translate.
Here is a message I received today with out translating.

Ciao Raymond rispondo al tuo messaggio noi stiamo bene così spero tanto di voi .nella foto da sistema sono io dopo era zia Sara dopo ancora mia Mamma Loreto Spoto accanto mia sorella Vincenzina è stato quando sono venuti a Vallelunga la zia Sara Lo zio Rocco De Grazia lo zio RosarioSpoto non ricordo bene la data forse nel1953 cordiali saluti

This is a translation which leaving it this way doesn't really help me a whole lot but the idea here she is telling me who is in a picture I sent her. Can some translate so I can make sense of it?

Ciao Raymond rispondo al Tuo Messaggio noi STIAMO bene così spero tanto di voi .nella foto da Sistema sono io DOPO era zia Sara DOPO Ancora mia mamma Loreto Spoto Accanto mia sorella Vincenzina e Stato QUANDO Sono Venuti a Vallelunga la zia Sara Lo zio Rocco De Grazia LO ZIO RosarioSpoto non ricordo bene la dati forse nel1953 cordiali saluti

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Italian or Sicilian

Postby adelfio » 24 Sep 2016, 16:12

Message is about some photo

Hello Raymond I reply to your message we are well so I hope you are also. In the photos there is aunt Sara and my mother Loreto Spoto Accanto and my sister Vincenza and aunt Sara's uncle Rocco De Grazia and uncle Rosario Spoto when they came to visit Vallelunga I don't remember the date possible year 1953
Yours sincerely

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

ray1955
Elite
Elite

Postby ray1955 » 24 Sep 2016, 16:44

Hello Marty thank you so much. I take it you received my text....hope you have a great Saturday my friend.

I am well. Gave blood will know results Oct 5. Thanks for asking.

Listen maybe you can see my confusion, as you have read the note from Rosetta. I am enclosing the picture so you can see what I am comparing to what you translated.
I believe she is talking about the husbands although they are not in the picture.

I believe she is saying that Sarah and Rocco DeGrazia and Uncle Rosario came to visit in 1953 and
in the picture from left to right (I asked her to tell me left to right who is in the picture)
Rosetta, Sarah, Loreta (not Loreto) her mother and sister Vincenza.

hmmm......Marty Loreta Spoto (Accent) and Giuseppe stayed in Italy while everyone else emigrated so unless Giuseppe has a middle name Vincenza. Im confused ....of course this doesn't help she wrote what she wrote but how confusing is this.....its a simple photograph and I am just asking someone to tell me who is in the picture. GEESH.
Im sure she knows what she is talking about ROFL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ray1955
Elite
Elite

Postby ray1955 » 24 Sep 2016, 16:45

Sorry about the 3 pictures.....

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Sep 2016, 08:10

My 2 cents

Hello Raymond I reply to your message, we are well so I hope you are also. In the photo there is me, aunt Sara, my mother Loreta Spoto and my sister Vincenzina. It was when aunt Sara, uncle Rocco De Grazia and uncle Rosario Spoto came to Vallelunga, I don't remember the exact date, maybe 1953

ray1955
Elite
Elite

Postby ray1955 » 25 Sep 2016, 15:11

Thats perfect thanks you....that is along the lines of what I was thinking.

Now that makes sense. Now I have to go back to Rosetta with 3 more pictures she had sent me and try to
decipher them when she responds.

I appreciate your time.

Raymond

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 26 Sep 2016, 10:07

I don't think the date is correct...It looks more like a picture taken in the 60ies...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

ray1955
Elite
Elite

Postby ray1955 » 26 Sep 2016, 22:19

New photo with a note describing looking to get it translated.

Ciao Raymond, T u vuoi sapere chi sono nella seconda foto, da sinistra mia sorella vincenza la zia sara poi di destro si vede la faccia piccola e la cugina Rosa figlia della Zia giuseppina da tanto tempo morti proprio davanti a destra una ragazza amica di mia sorella, ciao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 27 Sep 2016, 15:24

Hi Raymond so you want to know who is in the second photo. From the left my sister Vincenza then aunt Sara then right you see the little face and that is cousin Rosa daughter of Giuseppina to the right in front is a girl friend of my sister, hello

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

ray1955
Elite
Elite

Postby ray1955 » 27 Sep 2016, 17:23

Thanks Marty.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”