SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Breezing23

SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Postby Breezing23 » 11 Oct 2016, 02:30

I need some help,
Need a list of names of people who went to the war who were from Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata.

My last name is Spadafora but it is not suppose to be....

Long story short
My granfathers name was Isidoro Spadafora who was born in Grumento Nova, Potenza. He is not alive anymore.
His parents were:
great grandfathers name was Pasquale Spadafora maried to Rosalea Bafunno
(I do not know biirthdays but will be between 1890 - 1905)
Now Rosalea Bafunno slept with another man who went to the war but did not want Pasquale to know that she did, so Isidoro was born with the last name Spadafora, but its not hus real last name nor is it mine, our whole family do not really know who we are we all have the last name Spadafora but its not right,
Does anyone have a list of the names of people from Grumento Nova that went to the war? That would narrow it down a little bit for me :wink:
Thank you everyone!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 20 Oct 2016, 07:11

This looks like your great grandparents marriage record here:

Marriage Act No 20: Pasquale Spadafora and Rosolia Bafunno
Saponara di Grumento (Now called Grumento Nova, since 1933): 20 December 1909, 10.30 am

Groom: Pasquale Spadafora, celibe (unmarried), 32 yo (1877), pastore (shepherd), born and residing Saponara di Grumento, son of deceased Paolo, who resided in this town when living, and (son) of deceased Maria Michela Latronico, residing in this town when living.

Bride: Rosolia Bafunno, nubile (unmarried woman), 16 yo (1893), contadina, born in Saponara di Grumento, residing in this town, daughter of Antonio Bafunno, and Caterina Fruguglietti, both residing in this town.
Witnesses: Raffaele Vertunni, 28, farmacista (pharmacist), and Donato Caputi, 26 yo, guardia urbana (urban guard).
Banns were posted on 28 November and 5 December, current year.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547

Birth Record No 24: Rosolia Bafunno
Saponara di Grumento (Grumento Nova): 21 April 1893, 10.15 am

Rosa Di Tommaso, 67 yo, contadina (peasant), living in this town, reported that at 10.30 am, on 17 April 1893, at a house in via Peruzzo, No 237, from Caterina Fruguglietti, contadina (peasant), legitimate wife of Antonio Bafunno, contadino, both living in this town. The baby girl who was not presented, was given the name Rosolia.

Rosa Di Tommaso, who registered the birth, in place of the father, had also assisted with the birth. Antonio Bafunno was not able to do so because he was a long way from the town at the time.

The declarant was given an exemption from presenting the baby due to frailty.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547

Angela

Return to “Italian Genealogy”