A TRIBUTE TO SUANJ AND ITALIAN GENEALOGY. COM

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

A TRIBUTE TO SUANJ AND ITALIAN GENEALOGY. COM

Post by Woodworth »

My Great Grandfather Antonio Gentile and My Grand father Girolomo Gentile

I think that Italiangenealogy.com is a wonderful site. There are many people willing to give there time free and knowledge, in particular in my case SUANJ. My search is a difficult one, its simply not a documented data exercise, but it requires lots of imagination and dedication, a wide ranging understanding of culture both in Italy and the United Kingdom. Over the past 12 months SUANJ has helped me and when I am just about to give up, she has found something else to inspire me. Whilst we haven’t come to a conclusion as yet, ( I hope some day I will ) the work she has done has enabled me to piece together the movement of my family since they arrived in the country in about 1888 and when the appeared on the 1891 census as Antonio and John Gentilo or Gentils until they died in 1917 and 1929 respectively in the United Kingdom, More recently SUANJ found Girolomo my Grandfather on a ships manifest visiting Philadelphia USA, this could be a significant find, but we will have to wait and see. I have heard a lot lately about Professional Genealogists, but I really don’t know what that means apart form someone getting paid. With the little information I have to give on my family, that avenue would be completely out of the question. We get so much hope and help through Italiangenealogy.com, that I do hope the services and advice that wonderful Italiangenealogy.com provides remains free from “Professional Promotionâ€Â
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: A TRIBUTE TO SUANJ AND ITALIAN GENEALOGY. COM

Post by suanj »

[quote="Woodworth"]My Great Grandfather Antonio Gentile and My Grand father Girolomo Gentile

I think that Italiangenealogy.com is a wonderful site. There are many people willing to give there time free and knowledge, in particular in my case SUANJ. My search is a difficult one, its simply not a documented data exercise, but it requires lots of imagination and dedication, a wide ranging understanding of culture both in Italy and the United Kingdom. Over the past 12 months SUANJ has helped me and when I am just about to give up, she has found something else to inspire me. Whilst we haven’t come to a conclusion as yet, ( I hope some day I will ) the work she has done has enabled me to piece together the movement of my family since they arrived in the country in about 1888 and when the appeared on the 1891 census as Antonio and John Gentilo or Gentils until they died in 1917 and 1929 respectively in the United Kingdom, More recently SUANJ found Girolomo my Grandfather on a ships manifest visiting Philadelphia USA, this could be a significant find, but we will have to wait and see. I have heard a lot lately about Professional Genealogists, but I really don’t know what that means apart form someone getting paid. With the little information I have to give on my family, that avenue would be completely out of the question. We get so much hope and help through Italiangenealogy.com, that I do hope the services and advice that wonderful Italiangenealogy.com provides remains free from “Professional Promotionâ€Â
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Woodworth »

A thanks to you, and all at italiangenealogy.com is the very least I can do for time and trouble spent.

George
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

[quote="suanj"][quote="Woodworth"]My Great Grandfather Antonio Gentile and My Grand father Girolomo Gentile

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

thanks ricbru, "an great spirit is happy for the success of an friend" thanks again, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

[I do hope the services and advice that wonderful Italiangenealogy.com provides remains free from “Professional Promotionâ€Â
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Woodworth »

wldspirit

Thank you for posting your comments, there not enough said about the site and all the hard work the people do for free, to help people like me.

Grateful for all your help

George