Thank you all

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Thank you all

Postby rosecarm » 22 Nov 2005, 02:17

I want to thank everyone who responded to my search for Alfier and Paulazo. Your knowledge of provinces and name spellings were invaluable. Also, it did not occur to me to check different spellings for Paulazzo. Thanks. I have what I need now to put the record straight. The Paulazzos were the original owners of the bakery- they built it themselves. The Alfiers were the next owners. V. Alfier is actually Vittorio. And Giovanni was not a stupid Italian who got drunk and burned down the town- he was murdered in an arson fire for not paying for protection. I think it will upset certain members of the town, but this centennial of the bakery, I would like the people who built it represented fairly. Folklore is fun sometimes, but the people who came to Weed in steerage class and built the town were a bit more than folklore. Thanks so much for your assistance.
Also, I found Giovanni's grave. He had his funeral Mass all those years ago- now he can have his headstone back.
Mary
User avatar
rosecarm
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: California

Re: Thank you all

Postby mfjp » 22 Nov 2005, 11:33

rosecarm wrote:
Also, I found Giovanni's grave. He had his funeral Mass all those years ago- now he can have his headstone back.
Mary


I think that's wonderful! I am glad you found his grave. What do you mean he can have his headstone back?

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00

Re: Thank you all

Postby rosecarm » 15 Dec 2005, 12:02

mfjp wrote:
rosecarm wrote:
Also, I found Giovanni's grave. He had his funeral Mass all those years ago- now he can have his headstone back.
Mary


I think that's wonderful! I am glad you found his grave. What do you mean he can have his headstone back?

mfjp

Giovanni died in 1917. At that time, the only cemetary was 15 miles away by stagecoach. the cemetary was uncared for until about five years ago. We have many missing graves and headstones here.
Mary
User avatar
rosecarm
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: California

Re: Thank you all

Postby mfjp » 15 Dec 2005, 13:24

Hi Mary in California... where it's probably not snowing like heck....

What are you going to do with the research info you have collected? Are you going to publish this in some way for the Bakery's anniversary?? going on memory here....

Glad that you are also setting the record straight... and if Giovanni's spirit is watching all this... I am sure he would be proud...

You take care, and Seasons' Greetings!
Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00

Re: Thank you all

Postby DonnaPellegrin » 15 Dec 2005, 19:27

Yes, and thank you rosecarm for caring enough to find the truth and doing such a great job.
Donna Pellegrin
User avatar
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00

Re: Thank you all

Postby rosecarm » 16 Dec 2005, 07:38

mfjp wrote:Hi Mary in California... where it's probably not snowing like heck....

What are you going to do with the research info you have collected? Are you going to publish this in some way for the Bakery's anniversary?? going on memory here....

Glad that you are also setting the record straight... and if Giovanni's spirit is watching all this... I am sure he would be proud...

You take care, and Seasons' Greetings!
Maria


This info has already started going up on the bakery's history wall in the retail store and will be published in booklet form later. The town's people, some of whom are old enough to remember many of these people are thrilled to come and read the names and dates on the wall.
As far as snow? Mt. Shasta? Surely you jest. Actually right now it is 18 degrees but no snow since Thanksgiving. Will be here by Christmas I'm sure.
Have an excellent holiday and keep up the good work.
Mary
User avatar
rosecarm
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: California


6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 16 guests

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.