Pisano/Marotta family where can I find records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AndiD

Pisano/Marotta family where can I find records?

Postby AndiD » 24 Oct 2016, 03:11

I am trying to look for more information of my great-grandmother. I believe she may have come from Casola, Italy or a surrounding town. In the United States she married a Vitaliano Giaquinto who came from Casola, Italy and he arrived in the USA through Ellis Island in 1923.

According to papers my family has, Maria D Pisano was born Jan. 25, 1900. Her Parents were Antonio Pisano and Maria (ne, Marotta). Where could I look for birth records, marriage records to narrow the search. Thank you in advance.

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pisano/Marotta family where can I find records?

Postby Bette » 30 Oct 2016, 02:16

First step is to confirm the town of birth. Have you found her on a ship's manifest? Did she emigrate with her parents? Which port did they arrive at? Where did they settle in the US?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 31 Oct 2016, 15:31

Welcome to IG website
If you don't have it heres the 2/18/1898 Vitaliano Giaquinto son of Michele Giaquinto and Mariantonia Palladino birth record
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Nov 2016, 04:35

adelfio wrote:Welcome to IG website
If you don't have it heres the 2/18/1898 Vitagliano Giaquinto son of Michele Giaquinto and Mariantonia Palladino birth record

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”