Ettore Cutturini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
acutturi

Ettore Cutturini

Postby acutturi » 31 Oct 2016, 00:19

I am looking for anyone with information about the surname CUTTURINI.
My great grandfather was Ettore Cutturini, born in 1874 in Italy and adopted by the Cutturini family. I am looking for any information on Cutturini relatives or Ettore's biological surname. He was from Southern Itlay, his ship passage records indicate Travadi Place. The ship left from Naples Italy.

Ettore Cutturini came to USA in 1904 with wife Maria Armani

His children were Alfred Cutturini (1906), Dante (Danny) Cutturini (1908), Irma Cutturini and Giovani (John) Cutturini (1907).
Thanks!
Al Peter Cutturini
acutturi@gmail.com

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ettore Cutturini

Postby adelfio » 01 Nov 2016, 16:17

Welcome to IG website
I think they came from the town of Travo province of Piacenza

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Nov 2016, 20:07

I believe Marty is correct :-)

On this manifest for a later trip in 1905, Ettore lists his last place of residence as "Travo di Piacenza" and his wife as Maria Armani residing in NY at 328 106th St.

Name: Ettore Cutturini
Arrival Date: 26 Apr 1905
Birth Date: abt 1874
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Cretic

AND***

On this Emergency Passport Application by his son, Alfred (age 18 at the time), in 1924...
He lists his deceased father (Ettore Cutturini) as born in Travo, Piacenza.
There is a physical description and photo :-) of Alfred on page 2, and a telegram stating his nearest relative in US is his mother, Maria Cutturini, residing at 141 Madison Ave, Albany, NY. Address at time of Alfred's birth in NY was 106th St in NYC :-)

Emergency Passport Application at American Consulate in Florence, Italy (1924)
Page 2 - with photo (which was certified by the Mayor of Travo.
Telegram

EDIT TO ADD***

I do not find any online records for Province of Piacenza.
You can write directly to the town of Travo to request the birth (and marriage) records for Ettore Cutturini.
Include a photo ID and an email address so they can contact you if necessary. Do not include any money. These records are free, but there may be some cost for copying and mailing.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Trento, 21
29020 Travo (PC)
ITALY

T.

acutturi

Postby acutturi » 06 Nov 2016, 19:03

Thank you both! Alfred Cutturini is my grandfather and my namesake! Where did you find this pictures?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Nov 2016, 19:26

acutturi wrote:Thank you both! Alfred Cutturini is my grandfather and my namesake! Where did you find this pictures?

The picture is on his passport application.
I found it on Ancestry.com which is a subscription site, but allows for a short free trial.
Here is the link to the passport application. His picture is on the second page.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/1174/32 ... PUBJs=true

T.

acutturi

Postby acutturi » 06 Nov 2016, 19:32

Thank you. I have an ancestry account and it goes to a subscription page when I log on. I guess I have to pay to view it. In regard to sending a letter to the town, should I print the documents you provided and send them too? Should I write the letter in English and then try to provide a translated version too? Thank you for your assistance!

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Nov 2016, 01:04

You should write your request in Italian.
Include your photo ID, and an email address should they need to contact you. Do not send any money with your request. You can include the passport application, but it is not necessary. Just provide information about your ancestor.

Here is help with letter of request.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”