Carmelo Incognito - Anna Toto Marriage

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Carmelo Incognito - Anna Toto Marriage

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 04 Nov 2016, 02:16

Hi Everyone: In doing my research for maternal side of the family, I found out from a distant family member that my mother's uncle, Carmelo Incognito (B 1888 in Patti, Sicily) was married before his marriage to Esther (don't know her maiden name). So now, my curiosity has me trying to find information about his first marriage in which August Incognito was born in 1920. I did find two records on Ancestry for Anna Incognito who died in 1924 and was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery in North Arlington, NJ. I know this has to be her because that is where I have many family members buried. The other record was in the U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 where it mentions Carmelo and August. I don't know anything else about her. I do know that there are Capadonna-Toto surname in the Messina area of Sicily. Does anyone know how I could find more information about this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Carmelo Incognito - Anna Toto Marriage

Postby erudita74 » 06 Nov 2016, 14:46

I see on family search that he and Anna Toto had a daughter born in Jersey City on May 1, 1918.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKGF-TDR8

duplicate post
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/38414

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 07 Nov 2016, 01:08

His WWI draft registration card, dated June 5, 1917, shows that he had 3 children. That info might help you narrow down the year of his marriage to Anna.

I found a birth record for an Anna Toto in 1899 in Grumo (Bari), but no marriage info in the margin. I haven't had a chance to investigate where else this surname is found. This Anna was the daughter of Rocco of Michele Toto and Anna Campanelli

Erudita

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 07 Nov 2016, 01:43

Thank you so much for your time and effort! I was at a dead end with this! I appreciate your dedication.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 07 Nov 2016, 01:55

Sorry she is so elusive, Sue.
Erudita

Return to “Italian Genealogy”