NAPOLITANO FROM CASAMARCIANO?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lnapoli512

NAPOLITANO FROM CASAMARCIANO?

Postby lnapoli512 » 05 Nov 2016, 07:14

Hello,

My Name is Lori and I am searching for my grandparent and great grandparent (and Family) on my paternal side - Napolitano.

I believe my Grandfather Vincenzo was born August 26, 1896 in Casamariciano, Naples, Italy.
He arrived in New York in 1922. At some point, he married Mary Vitale in New York.

I am looking for any records that can tell me who Vincenzo's parents are.
His father is from Casamarciano. HIs name might be Pasquale or Salvatore or any combination of the two. Born around 1865 - 1877

How can I find this information? What is the best way to discover who Vincezo's parents are?

Thank you in advance!
Lori Napolitano

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: NAPOLITANO FROM CASAMARCIANO?

Postby Tessa78 » 24 Nov 2016, 00:26

lnapoli512 wrote:Hello,

My Name is Lori and I am searching for my grandparent and great grandparent (and Family) on my paternal side - Napolitano.

I believe my Grandfather Vincenzo was born August 26, 1896 in Casamariciano, Naples, Italy.
He arrived in New York in 1922.
At some point, he married Mary Vitale in New York.

I am looking for any records that can tell me who Vincenzo's parents are.
His father is from Casamarciano. HIs name might be Pasquale or Salvatore or any combination of the two. Born around 1865 - 1877

How can I find this information? What is the best way to discover who Vincezo's parents are?

Thank you in advance!
Lori Napolitano

Hello Lori! Welcome :-)

I saw your Family Tree on Ancestry and took a look at an arrival manifest you have linked to Vincenzo.
On that record Vincenzo is 16, and his last place of residence (and place of birth) is Airola, and he is leaving his father Stefano Napolitano. He is joining his brother, Antonio, at 2nd St. in Staten Island, NY.

Do you believe this is a correct manifest? Your other manifest has Casamarciano and father as Salvatore, and destination as brother Cesare in Brooklyn.

If you believe that his place of birth was Casamarciano, you can write directly to the comune to request a copy of his birth act. You should write your request in Italian (helpful links below), and include a photo ID, and an email address should they need to contact you. Do not send money with your inquiry.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Umberto I
80032 Casamarciano (NA)
ITALY

Help with letters of request:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”