Diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova digitized.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova digitized.

Post by Primo Mattino »

I recently finished digitizing all churchrecords of the parishes of the diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova that have records before ca. 1900. Only Bagnara is missing because the rector there is so incredibly stubborn that he won't even follow the orders of the archbishop and he insulted me saying that it is not possible that anyone does a job like that without a second goal. Anyway, there is no need any longer to write to the pastors (and probably get no answer). Just mail (if possible in Italian, because English is still an exotic language in these areas) to the Archive of the diocese ( archiviodiocesano.rcb@gmail.com ) and people there will be happy to help you.
Over the last 6 years I took over 700.000 pictures. Many records are lost forever, but what is left (for some parishes starting in 1590) is safe and easily accessable now.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova digitized.

Post by suanj »

Great work! You love your italian roots more than the Bagnara's priest!
Thanks for your awesome interest!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Re: Diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova digitized.

Post by mjclayton1 »

I have no research connection to this area of Italy, but what an amazing effort this was. Six years and 700,000 photos? Wow. Just incredible stuff.

Bravissimo!!