MyHeritage: contacting a tree's creator

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VotM
Veteran
Veteran

MyHeritage: contacting a tree's creator

Postby VotM » 02 Dec 2016, 09:42

The "Ancestry v. Other Genealogy sites" thread sparked a question. Rather than hijack that thread :-), I thought I'd start a new topic.

At present I only have access to the institutional edition of MyHeritage through my local FHC, which gives access to much of their data but does not permit contact with site members. I understand that members with a "complete" (paid) account can contact other such members on that site. But is it possible for a "complete" member to contact either a basic member or a former paid member who created a tree there?
LDS Gioiosa Marea "road map" post at
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/33808

LDS Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea "road map" post at
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 50#p239255

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MyHeritage: contacting a tree's creator

Postby Bette » 02 Dec 2016, 17:11

I think that is a question you need to ask My Heritage. I had a go-around with them when I noticed that a member or former member hijacked a photograph of my great-uncle Carmelo Spadaro (born 1883 in Valguarnera) and was using his image for a completely different man named Carmelo Spadaro in her tree. After several emails with My Heritage, the only solution would be for me to join and I refused to do that. They would not contact the person posting the photograph for me. I have since tried to contact the person on Facebook, but Tessy Rap, has not "friended" me and there has been no response to the messages I have left her. :mrgreen: So, this problem remains in limbo. If anyone has any great ideas out there, please let me know.

C_Artale
Rookie
Rookie

Postby C_Artale » Yesterday, 05:17

I have a paid membership. A paid account holder should be able to contact any other user.

Do you have any identifying information on the person that you'd like to contact (could you track them down outside of MyHeritage (on facebook, etc)?

I could contact them via MyHeritage on your behalf if you'd like.
Surnames of interest:
Artale, Minincleri, Cattat (Accattato), Manfredi, Licetti, Durso, Pizzuto

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bette » Yesterday, 07:41

C_Artale...That is a fabulous idea. I appreciate your willingness to assist. Here is the information: It is under "My Heritage Family Trees". The name is Carmelo Spadaro; under "familia Rap, managed by Teresa Rap". It shows a birth date of 1901 and shows a child by the name of Juan Spadaro Yaya. The photograph shown is that of my great-uncle, who happens to have the same name, but was born in 1883. The original photograph has been in my family for over 80 years. Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Bette

Return to “Italian Genealogy”