Iandoli - Pleas Help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
25 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Iandoli - Pleas Help!

Postby mfjp » 13 Dec 2005, 03:55

lauraiandoli wrote:Ok guys, thankyou so much, this is what I now know:

My dad, Michael Iandoli, his parents are Louis Iandoli + Elizabeth Lambert

Louis Iandoli, his parents are Pasquale Iandoli + Lucia Cupia

on Pasquale's US WWI registration card, he says that he is not a US citizen and is a citizen of Italy. He lists his parents as being Louis Iandoli (argh, so many repeating names) and his mother as being Carmella Cupia (umm... I think Pasquale may have married his cousin or something....)

I have no info as to where Pasquale is from in Italy, but his sister Serafina is supposedly born in Florence. However, I can find no immigration records for either Pasquale or Serafina.

Pasquale was born in 1898 so I'm thinking his father Louis Iandoli was born around 1870.

I now need to find info on great-great grandfather Louis Iandoli and his wife Carmella Cupia.

The registration card lists his father's name too?? I only see Carmela's name....
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby ricbru » 13 Dec 2005, 04:08

lauraiandoli wrote:If my grandfather is one of those three, then it is definitely the 2nd,

LOUIS IANDOLI 04 Dec 1924 29 Jan 1991 (not specified) (none specified) 023-14-8746 Massachusetts SS-5

If it says that that Louis was married to an Elizabeth, then it is definitely him.

Why don't you request his naturalization record?
There you find his date and place of birth.
After that you can contact Ufficio di Stato civile of his hometown to get his birth record or certificate
bye ricbru :lol:
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby mfjp » 13 Dec 2005, 05:17

On Pasquale's draft record, it lists his mothers name... don't see his father's name on there...

Also the town of birth mentioned is A P I C E , Benevento.... that's what it looks like to me...

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

na

Postby lauraiandoli » 13 Dec 2005, 11:20

na
lauraiandoli

Postby mfjp » 13 Dec 2005, 11:31

lauraiandoli wrote:Yes, I'm looking at his draft record too. It lists his mother as Carmela Cupia for his closest relative and says she lives in (this is hard to read) I think "abice beneocuto"??? I guess if I knew more about Italy I could take a wild guess at where this is. Since pasquale's sister was born in "florence", maybe this place is near there.

Draft record

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1025/draft8jo.gif
--------------
Information and statistics on Italian Regions, Provinces and Municipalities. All Cities, Towns and Villages in Italy. Official site, zip codes, population, useful links.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/
----------------

Apice, Benevento
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/062/003/index.html

-------------------

Map
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... e&zipcode=

--------------------

I still think it's Apice, Benevento...

-------------------

Here's another Iandoli - Vince who's mother in Italy is a Carmela...

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0420%2ETIF
First Name: Vangez
Last Name: Iandeli
Ethnicity: Italy Italian S.
Last Place of Residence: Apice, Italy (Place of birth, Brazil ! ?)
Date of Arrival: Aug 28, 1920
Age at Arrival: 17y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Ferdinando Palasciano
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0021
--------------------------

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

na

Postby lauraiandoli » 13 Dec 2005, 11:54

na
lauraiandoli

Re: Iandoli, etc.

Postby Mariagrazia » 27 Jan 2014, 18:22

Pasquale Iandoli was my mother's stepbrother. Yes, Uncle "Patsy"'s family immigrated to Sao Paulo, Brazil. When his father died his mother, (my mother's stepmother) went back to Apice, Benevento, Italy. She married my mother's father Vincenzo Rotondo who was also widowed when my mother was about 8 years old. My mother passed away at the age of 92 in 2000; my Father died 20 years before.
His last name was Garzone. Patsy Iandoli lived in Revere and then in Plymouth. His three children, my cousins are the only Iandoli that I knew. One, Millie (Carmela) had one child (now deceased). Her sister Mary had no children and their brother, Louis had 8 but I only met them once and do not know where they are. Mary Garzone Leone
Mariagrazia

Postby Mariagrazia » 27 Jan 2014, 18:27

I read your post again and realized that Michael is my cousin, Louis's father. Louis was a nice man.
I met his wife only once,. I ate at their house. Mary
Mariagrazia

Postby Mariagrazia » 27 Jan 2014, 18:28

I meant to say "My cousin Louis's son" not father. Mary
Mariagrazia

Re: na

Postby Mariagrazia » 29 Jan 2014, 21:49

Laura - I have replied twice and have not heard from you probably because your post is dated 2005 and I just found it. I am your father Louis Iandoli's first cousin. Mary Garzone Leone marleo461@gmail.com
Mariagrazia

Previous

25 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy