surname- Schiappa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

surname- Schiappa

Postby Tob1GFC » 12 Dec 2005, 12:34

My name is Tobi, I was recently told by my parents that my extended family is not my true extended family- I was told my real last name is Schiappa and that my father has lost touch with all his relatives from the Schiappa family...I am left in the dark about my true heritage and true family. If anyone has any information on the surname Schiappa I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Tob1GFC

Re: surname- Schiappa

Postby Tob1GFC » 12 Dec 2005, 12:35

ps. if so feel free to email me at tob1_42@yahoo.com
Tob1GFC

Postby VaDeb » 12 Dec 2005, 20:59

If you go to http://ssdi.rootsweb.com and put in the surname Schiappa and search, you will find 126 people in their database with that last name.

It seems as if there has been some event to splinter your family. Only you can evaluate how truthful the information is you are being given. If you want to pursue this start with what you know. Do you have a copy of your parents marriage records? In many states you can get this document without their permission or them even knowing. This can be a starting point in researching your family history.

You don't give any dates or places, so if you google state vital records (example Virginia vital records) and look for a state site you will find information on how to order records and who can. Many states will not let you order records if you are under age 18.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 12 Dec 2005, 22:13

Tob1GFC wrote:My name is Tobi, I was recently told by my parents that my extended family is not my true extended family- I was told my real last name is Schiappa and that my father has lost touch with all his relatives from the Schiappa family...I am left in the dark about my true heritage and true family. If anyone has any information on the surname Schiappa I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Tobi:
about Schiappa ancestor... he lived in NH? if yes are an Ralph (Raffaele) SCHIAPPA in New Hampshire > Grafton > Campton , born in 1903, emigrated from Italy in 1920, and this is the ship's manifest ... he coming from Pettorano sul Gizio (l'Aquila province/Abruzzo region)
and the contact in Italy is Camillo father....
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy