Conterio/Vallino/Giacherio of Locana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Conterio/Vallino/Giacherio of Locana

Postby saestes » 21 Dec 2005, 23:58

I am researching the Conterio's of Locana. My g-grandmother was Maria Elena Conterio, b. 21 Feb 1880 in Locana. I have located her baptismal certificate and have translated most of it, but the writing/copy is poor. (I have posted the translation in the translation forum.)

Her father was Battista Conterio, mother Maria Margherito Vallino. Her godparents were Francesco Giacherio "fu Antonio" and "Maria Elena figlia di Antonis Gotta" (I think). Maria arrived in America in in 1903 and went to her uncle Guiseppe Giacherio's in Bessemer, MI. There she married Joseph Camiano, b. 4 May 1869 in Torino, in abt 1906.

I can find nothing more. I do not know where her parents were born, only that they lived in Locana at the time of her birth. Any information on the Conterios, Vallino's, Giacherio's, or Gotta's of Locana would be appreciated.

I can further review the 200 years of Locana baptismal microfilm, but was hoping for a lead first. I have reviewed the LDS files, and conducted interviews of Conterio's still living in UP Michigan, concluding that those folks aren't my line.

Stew Estes
saestes

Re: Conterio/Vallino/Giacherio of Locana

Postby ricbru » 22 Dec 2005, 00:11

You should request her birth record to:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Torino, 19
10080 Locana (TO)
Italy

or to

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI TORINO
P.zza Castello, 209 - 10124 Torino
tel. 011540382/0115624431 - fax 011546176
e-mail: astoarchivio@piemonte.beniculturali.it

The civil records of the birth has the informations about the name and age of parents of the baby
So, having the age, you can look for their birth record, in the same town

I hope it helps, bye ricbru
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy