Martini, Dalpiez, Prevedel, Terres Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Martini, Dalpiez, Prevedel, Terres Italy

Postby she966 » 24 Dec 2005, 11:14

Looking for family information about Daniel martini Married Katherine Dalpiez were parents of Egidio Martini who married Catterina Prevedel in 1908 in austria. Egidio was born in 1884 in Terres Austria-Italy. came to Cambria Wyoming via the ship philadelphia in 1911 at the age of 26. That's all the Info I have as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Sheila
she966

Re: Martini, Dalpiez, Prevedel, Terres Italy

Postby goldhunter » 24 Dec 2005, 18:31

Hi Shiela,

If you have not visited this site before, you way want to check it out. It contains info on the names Dalpiez and Martini from the Trentino area and also Terres. http://www.trentinoheritage.com/emigrate.htm

Also, there are church records for Terres from 1806-1923 available for viewing at Family History Centers. You can find info on how to view these records at, http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... search.asp

Good luck, ... Jay
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Martini, Dalpiez, Prevedel, Terres Italy

Postby Sal » 28 Dec 2005, 20:27

Hi Sheila
And Jay -- thanks for mentioning my website. The name is actually Dalpiaz. The records for Terres are also included with the microfilmed records of Flavon (which was the "mother" church for Terres). The Terres records are in film number 1388891 (sections 26-31). True, they only go back to 1806. But earlier and more extensive ones are also in the Flavon records (especially the births and marriages). Births, etc from 1802 forward are in film number 1388890 (sections 27-36). The reason that records only go back to 1802 is that in August 1802 there was a fire that destroyed most of the village. Records were also maintained in Flavon, but cinders from the fire drifted there (one story is that some of the villagers who escaped to Flavon had smoldering cinders in their belongings). As a result, the fire also destroyed most of Flavon (including part of the church and its records).

You should be able to trace back to at least 1802 by viewing the Terres and Flavon microfilms. Although I have transcribed a great deal of the Terres records, I did not do a full transcription into the years after 1850. My family (Iob, Job, Dalpiaz, Banaletti, Zanon, Chini) are mostly from Cunevo and Flavon, but also have ties to Terres. I did transcribe many of the names, etc of the emigrants from the three villages and they are on my site www.trentinoheritage.com

Sal
snromano @ hotmail.com (put words together for direct emailing)
Sal
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy